Classic Piano Keyboard-Display Function for Ableton Push 2

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Erdbenutzer

Classic Piano Keyboard-Display Function for Ableton Push 2

Post by Erdbenutzer » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:33 pm

I just watched a video of Jamie Blake about chords on ableton push an saw him integrate a video inside the window of push 2, to make it easier to understand whats actually being played there.

Which made me think that it could actually be a very nice helpful thing to have when working on the push and learning chords etc on it, to have the possibility of visual representation on the push directly, and not having to look at the screen of the computer, where it certainly would be possible to have such a function quite easily... the push being thought of as a way to come away from the screen gazing, well I think that would be a fitting improvement of the usage workflow, and quite the thing for learners.

Or classic keyboard playing individuals that come in for jam sessions and have never used a controller like the push before.

--> Could be activated through a key combination not occupied else wise...
--> or via a click in the piano roll, when push is connected and turned on...

-----> It certainly makes the most sense to have it only on when you already found your sound and want to just play on it. / with it / work with Melody construction and then turn it off again to have access to the parameters of the synth for example. Which would make a hotkey command / button combination on the push the most helpful activating and deactivating situation, usability wise.

Let me know what you think ? Have you thought about that being helpful or a cool thing to have yourself already ?
Could bridge a gap in my opinion.

Heres a link to the video that shows what I describe above : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyme4G8iYk0
Which triggered that thought visually again what I wrote down here in this posting.

Have a great one !