Hotkeys for Linking and unlinking Tracks

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
litL1

Hotkeys for Linking and unlinking Tracks

Post by litL1 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:09 pm

... and ideally, integrated also as a menu option, so as to assign one's own preferred key combination via Mac's Keyboard-Shortcut tab in the System Settings.

I wonder wether i am the only one, who uses this new feature as much as to be completely puzzled about not finding any mentioning regarding any requests for a shortcut or expressing a wish for a more streamlined access to Link/unlink Tracks, anywhere on the internet.
Or am i perhaps the only one who doesn't know how to customise/add this??

Anyway, if anyone here would have a suggestion for a work-around or solution, until this may be implemented by Ableton (perhaps adding some text file into the preferences folder?), i am all eyes & ears :)

Thank Us
***ONE LOVE***

MacbookPro (Retina, 15', Mitte 2015) - 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7

jonljacobi

Re: Hotkeys for Linking and unlinking Tracks

Post by jonljacobi » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:10 pm

I wish they would expand the selection to include all functions and make them all user definable. But I think they like crafting the set they have and are guarding them jealously. I think they generally do a good job, but they're aimed at live performance and not the pure recording and editing that I do.

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:15 pm

BTW, you can at least add your own and create aliases using Keyboard Maestro (Mac), or AutoHotKey (Windows). The Mac's keyboard shortcuts always seem to cause issues for me. That may be user error.

litL1

Post by litL1 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:24 pm

Thanks for the tip on Keyboard Maestro.. i had been looking at this option, too, and might have to go this way.
And yes, a user definable list for most if not all Live's inherent commands, would allow for a smoother workflow - for any and all usage scenarios, whether in studio or live applications.

Since the arrival of Link Tracks, for me being one of the most workflow-enhancing functions in A. Live, i'm finding myself constantly linking, unlinking, re-linking tracks, as i'm moving/arranging/editing them inside relatively large sets - comping and the related Show Take Lanes function being another personal favourite (although certain results from actions of the latter still have me scratching my head for answers... but that's for another post).

In the meantime though, i keep wondering if there isn't some kind of work-around.. besides installing a third party app to accomplish merely one task.
***ONE LOVE***

MacbookPro (Retina, 15', Mitte 2015) - 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7