Feature request: COMPLETELY disable auto warp mode on recordings (well overdue!!)

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
CSSC

Feature request: COMPLETELY disable auto warp mode on recordings (well overdue!!)

Post by CSSC » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:34 am

I found a forum discussion about this from 18 years ago(!!!) and 15 years ago and on and on and on and the problem still hasn't been addressed!!

Please, please, Ableton, make it possible to disable warp entirely!

I make music that usually doesn't have a tempo. I have no use for warping unless I want to re-pitch something. I have auto-warp turned off in preferences, but still, every time I make an audio recording, the recording has warp turned on, and when I play it back there are very obvious and annoying clicking/popping sounds - it truly affects the sound quality even if the audio isn't being stretched, squished or re-pitched. This means every time I want to play back a recording I have to disable the warp mode, because it's so awful to listen to. Yes I know I can just select all recordings and disable warp, but if I'm making many recordings in a session and I want to listen back to each of them straight away, this isn't a great solution. Before I realised that it was the warp on all my recordings causing this clicking/popping problem, I think I spent hours in the editing process on my last album going through and trying to figure out where this clicks and pops were coming from, and finding each recording out of hundreds in each piece that had the issue. By then it wasn't feasible to just select all and turn off warp, because by the time a piece is almost finished, some tracks on the piece do have warp mode on purpose. It's so frustrating.

Before anybody comments: yes I know that you're supposed to be able to turn off auto-warp. This makes no difference whatsoever. I've had this problem for years in numerous versions of Live, and I can find many Reddit & Ableton Forum discussions about the same issue.