Push 2 wish list

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
ldf1111

Push 2 wish list

Post by ldf1111 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:35 pm

The push 2 is great but falls short in a few really simple areas. I hope someone from Ableton will see these as its some easy wins:

1. Add note preview for the melodic step sequencers. When pressing and holding a step to edit it (such as velocity or device params) it should play the note. Often i am step sequencing and I like oh that step is wrong, it should be this note instead. But i can't tell exactly which step is the one i want to change and i spend too long working out which step is the issue that i lose flow.

The desktop has this feature via headphone icon and the Novation step sequencers do this. It's such a simple thing that would go a long way for me. I think it particularly true for the 8 note sequencer as there is absolutely no way to preview what you are making while the transport is off. I imagine there would need to be a way to enable / disable this, probably via a shift function.

2. In the 32 step sequencer make it clearer which notes are in the current step when a step is selected, it uses a kind of grey which is way less prominent than the octave. It shouldn't be this hard to figure out what notes are playing for a step. Please use a more obvious colour to let me distinguish which notes are actually playing

3. Fix muting steps. If you press and hold a step and then press mute, it does mute the step but also mutes the track, which then i have to unmute i assume this is a bug. Even better i should be able to hold mute and tap steps to mute quickly. This would let me non destructively and quickly try out different rhythmic patterns, the use case here is when i have recorded some arp into the sequencer and i want to chop some notes out

4. Add sample hot swap to simpler - if you press browse while in a simpler device it swaps the whole instrument and not the sample. You can hot swap samples in ableton but not on push. Perhaps shift browse to hot swap samples. its crazy this doesn't exist because the simpler experience is excellent otherwise.

Please Ableton gods, i can't imagine any of these feature request are that complex