Set (or change) folder for Default Save Location, please!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
littlekangaroo

Set (or change) folder for Default Save Location, please!

Post by littlekangaroo » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:42 pm

Hello! Please, please default to saving new project folders inside a larger, encapsulating folder.
Or let users change the Default Save Location.

I've been desperate for years.

I create a new session of music almost every day with Ableton. When I press Command + S, I want Ableton to automatically locate to my custom "Ableton" folder. That folder is where I save all my fresh projects. It's where I hold all my project folders together in one place.

Instead, the software automatically locates to my most recent project folder. I do not want to save there.
I do not want to save my new fresh project folder inside of a previous project folder (obviously).

There does not seem to be a way to change this default save location. I truly butt heads against this multiple times a week. I have used Ableton for years and am so desperate for a workaround.

Is there a way to change this behavior? Or even a Terminal command to change default save location? When I use Logic, clicking Save always defaults to saving in my encapsulating "Logic" folder.

Could anyone from Ableton please comment? There are so many lovely intuitive features about this software, wouldn't it be very very easy to implement a "default save folder" selection? Please? I really am begging. It would make my Ableton usage SO much better.

Thank you very much for reading, and I really hope Ableton will hear this and take it seriously!

Very sincerely, LittleKangaroo.

P.S.
I'm genuinely surprised and confused that when I google this, I don't see a TON more people complaining about it. Can anyone at least relate to this problem? Do most of you Abletoners truly not mind manually clicking an extra time to your Ableton folder each and every time you save a new session? I must be missing something! What am I missing??

Someone help! And thank you for considering adding this feature!