We all have one

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
CopyRightJustice

We all have one

Post by CopyRightJustice » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:34 am

That is our mice have them, a rotary encoder, thats right the scroll wheel.To be able to use this as a focus dependant inc/dec cc would good yah?

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:46 am

Well. you can already do that.
just tweak your mouse, so it sends arrow keys when you scroll.

Or get a PowerMate :wink:

Cheers

Patrick DSP

Post by Patrick DSP » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:47 am

http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/

# What is StrokeIt?

StrokeIt is an advanced mouse gesture recognition engine and command processor. What is a mouse gesture? Mouse gestures are simple symbols that you "draw" on your screen using your mouse. When you perform a mouse gesture that StrokeIt can recognize, it will perform the "action" associated with that gesture. In short, it's a nifty little program that lets you easily control programs by drawing symbols with your mouse.

# What can it do?

StrokeIt can currently recognize more than 80 unique mouse gestures and can be easily trained to recognize many more. For each gesture recognized, StrokeIt can execute a user-defined set of commands within the active application. StrokeIt commands are defined within plugin libraries that can be easily created by third parties to do nearly anything.

CopyRightJustice

Post by CopyRightJustice » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:59 am

Thanks folks but my frustration is still with me, we need a native controller.One that doesn't rely on midi that has it's own interface is fully implemented and adaptive with full visual feed back, and above all does not parameter jump pheww!I cannot believe technology is progressing so slowly :roll: Ableton need to adress this after live 5 bug cleanup by the next version and before any other extra features.The impatience is to much, a programmer a electical engineer and I will be working on a concept to solve this shortfall, but until a standard protocol or a bespoke interface is implemented progress is restricted.Will be posting developements all I have now is a need, ideas and a sketch on the back of a beer mat
:wink:

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:09 am

Like i said

If this isn't what you mean. Then i don't understand you.

CopyRightJustice

Post by CopyRightJustice » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:30 am

Mmmmm one knob/button no endless caterpillar track sliders no lcd feed back or touch screen navigation of pages no kaos pad no adaptive native support forgetting lots other ideas floating about in this pipe dream(will be exspensive but worth it, are we pro's or what)will post detailed design soon.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:39 am

CopyRightJustice wrote:Mmmmm one knob/button no endless caterpillar track sliders no lcd feed back or touch screen navigation of pages no kaos pad no adaptive native support forgetting lots other ideas floating about in this pipe dream(will be exspensive but worth it, are we pro's or what)will post detailed design soon.
Well thats allot different from your first post where you where just looking for a scroll wheel implementation. :wink:

Godd luck with that.

Cheers

CopyRightJustice

Post by CopyRightJustice » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:52 am

I'l be bashing the bespoke native controller thread from every angle for a while I think, now back to the music(just not enough time in the day)