A New idea....stolen from Reaktor

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
liquidfx

A New idea....stolen from Reaktor

Post by liquidfx » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:04 pm

Honestly I would love a section in this Forum dedicated solely to Midi Clips, Loops, Sample Clips, and custom instruments and effects. But this section should only be available to Registered Users (just like in the Reason/Reaktor Forums).

Users should be able to upload/download a librabry of Midi & Audio Clips available in the Live Forum. Also, If Ableton one day allows for users to create their own instuments & effects (which i think they should), this would be a great place to keep those files online.

It would be a nice extra for registered users.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:42 pm

Good idea.

Urbem

Post by Urbem » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:00 pm

It could be very nice indeed. But it would be very difficult for the Abes to know if the files posted are legal. People could ripoff loops for commercial package and make them available here for free... :(
AthlonXP 2700+, WinXP SP2, Live 5.2.2, M-Audio Audiophile 2496, MalletKat Pro, Evolution MK-449c...

liquidfx

Post by liquidfx » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:15 pm

Urbem wrote:It could be very nice indeed. But it would be very difficult for the Abes to know if the files posted are legal. People could ripoff loops for commercial package and make them available here for free... :(
i dunno....maybe ban people that do so. or just mod the hell outta the place. elect some members to help out ;)

forge

Post by forge » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:59 am

who says there'd need to be any samples that would infringe copyright??

THe live clips would be impulse + hits + FX + patterns, Operator + FX + patterns and simpler + waveform + FX + patterns. There doesnt need to be anything ripped off at all.

liquidfx

Post by liquidfx » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:44 pm

right. like uploading "patches" and "midi/audio clips" as opposed to entire minutes of copyrighted sample banks.

This is something the Abes can create today! A section on the forum entirely for user patches & clips. I think we would all benefit from each others creativity. :)