Mousewheel Zoom In Arrangement View & Multiple Solo's

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
mdb

Mousewheel Zoom In Arrangement View & Multiple Solo's

Post by mdb » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:08 am

I know you guys probably get lots of requests around here for random stuff. But please consider these 2 requests below. I think they are important and well worth it.. Thanks.

Multiple *audible* solos:

The multiple solos thing might be possible, but i haven't seen an option for it, and i have been unable to play more then one solo'd instrument at a time. Maybe someone can clue me in if there is way to do this.. otherwise. Please add this feature. So useful!

MouseWheel Zoom In/Out:

Mousewheel zoom on the full arrangement would be so beautiful. I hate having to go up to the top and adjust the "Box" for the all the tracks to reduce the grid so i can adjust stuff at 1/64-1/128 ....

This seems like a no brainier to me. The mousewheel zoom would save me a lot of hours adjusting that stupid box at the top to tighten up the view.

Thanks for taking the time to read. If Ive somehow missed these options by my mistake please let me know so i can get to using these HIGHLY NEEDED Features. Thanks :)

Silicon/Silicium

Post by Silicon/Silicium » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:06 am

The multiple solos thing might be possible, but i haven't seen an option for it, and i have been unable to play more then one solo'd instrument at a time. Maybe someone can clue me in if there is way to do this.. otherwise. Please add this feature. So useful!
read the manual, it's all explained there, or try ctrl+click

but I m with you for zooming.

mdb

Post by mdb » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:02 pm

Ahh, cool. I never saw anything about holding control in the manual.. Must have been in some obscure section, cause i dont remember seeing it in the solo or cue section. In any case. Thanks for the headsup. Glad to be able to do multiple solos now..

webslave

Post by webslave » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:38 am

mdb wrote:Ahh, cool. I never saw anything about holding control in the manual.. Must have been in some obscure section, cause i dont remember seeing it in the solo or cue section. In any case. Thanks for the headsup. Glad to be able to do multiple solos now..
And if yoiu don't want to hold control there is an option in the preferences that both arm and solo can be set so they are not exclusive. It's in the 'misc' tab.

For some reason I figured there had to be a way to do it and there was.

I'm with the zooming - although I think the whole means of navigation around the arrangement view needs to be rethought - it's a real pain to use. My view is not to evolve the existing system but start a fresh as, at speed, it's very frustrating to use and currently has too many horizontal elements. I recently have been working at a low resolution as I've had an eye operation and not being able to hid the track information has made that much more difficult as well.

Stew Dean