The five biggest wishes.

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
Post Reply
Goldstein

The five biggest wishes.

Post by Goldstein » Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:21 pm

- Live midi playing and recording of VSTi
- SPDIF Live Input
- Support for ALL VST instruments and effects
- Cubase Sync / System Link incl shared Song Loading
- Even more better support for external crunchy effect boxes!

Thank YOU for this wonderful sequencer 8)

FrankH
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:38 pm
Location: Zeist, The Netherlands

Post by FrankH » Sun Mar 03, 2002 7:24 pm

Hi, sorry to intercept,

> Live midi playing and recording of VSTi
< Live is about audio streams, not about VST instruments. Use your midisequencer (e.g. Cubase or Logic), and sync.

> SPDIF Live Input
< You probable didn't configure your soundcard the right way, your SPDIF port is just an audio port to Live. RTM of your soundcard about how to activate your SPDIF port.

> Support for ALL VST instruments and effects
< No way man, instruments are not in this consept, sync your sequencer to it.

> Cubase Sync / System Link incl shared Song Loading
< I'd like this also to be implemented for Logic Audio.

> Even more better support for external crunchy effect boxes!
??? Use native effects like VST plugins.

f

twelve
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

not sure i would agree

Post by twelve » Mon Mar 04, 2002 9:20 pm

I would like vsti and a midi sequencer, mainly because those other programs logic and cubase give me a headache trying to get them to work. they are so un-intuitive i would like to leave them in the dust and integrate those features into live. However, if adding those to Live would also make Live un-intuitive then forget about it.

Also, you say Live is about audio streams. Currently, I can add real instrument streams to Live, what would be so different about adding VSTi or midi streams in the same way as real instruments.

My biggest wishes are to render to audio as a saved file and to add a key recognizer alonside the detune and pitch controls.

12

FrankH
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:38 pm
Location: Zeist, The Netherlands

Post by FrankH » Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:26 pm

twelve wrote: I would like vsti and a midi sequencer, mainly because those other programs logic and cubase give me a headache trying to get them to work. they are so un-intuitive i would like to leave them in the dust and integrate those features into live. However, if adding those to Live would also make Live un-intuitive then forget about it.
You'll never get the midi editing capability's as in Cubase or Logic, it will make a crazy kind of sequencer. Ofcause i would like that's but thinking of the concequences, what will be left of the program, will it stay stable?
twelve wrote: Also, you say Live is about audio streams. Currently, I can add real instrument streams to Live, what would be so different about adding VSTi or midi streams in the same way as real instruments.
Midi timing is realy delicate stuff, and how reliable are VSTi synths, most of the them work fine, but some sometimes crash.
twelve wrote: My biggest wishes are to render to audio as a saved file and to add a key recognizer alonside the detune and pitch controls.
Those are essential features, i'd like them to be implemented two.
And ofcause to be able to send midi sync would be nice.

Till then, Live still Rulez.

f

Goldstein

Live 1.5 announced.

Post by Goldstein » Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:57 pm

Ableton Live soll ab April 2002 in Version 1.5 verfügbar sein.
Als wichtigste Neuerung gibt Ableton die Unterstützung von Rewire als Master oder Client an. Zusätzlich wurde Live 1.5 ein neues Hi-Quality-Reverb spendiert.
Die Sequencer/Instrument-Software ist nun auch mehrsprachig lauffähig und bietet darüber hinaus eine Render-to-disk-Funktion sowie einen MIDI-Sync-out.

Das kostenlose Update der neuen Version kann auf der Frankfurter Musik Messe (Halle 6.0, C12) oder im Internet unter www.ableton.com erworben werden.

Goldstein

Integration of Cubase/Logic and Live

Post by Goldstein » Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:00 pm

If live keeps staying separate from Cubase I still want better integration...

For example
1- Play and record VSTi by Midi in Cubase as parts.
2- Render the result.
3- Take it into Live.
4- Trigger it

Or do the same over the VST system link...

I would like to see a realy neat integration.

Best regards,
Marky

sserendipity

Post by sserendipity » Fri Mar 08, 2002 7:03 pm

>You\'ll never get the midi editing capability\'s >as in Cubase or Logic, it will make a crazy kind >of sequencer. Ofcause i would like that\'s but >thinking of the concequences, what will be left >>of the program, will it stay stable?

Why not? Besides, just playing back midi loops would be a great way to start.
twelve wrote: Also, you say Live is about audio streams. Currently, I can add real instrument streams to Live, what would be so different about adding VSTi or midi streams in the same way as real instruments.
>Midi timing is realy delicate stuff, and how >reliable are VSTi synths, most of the them work >fine, but some sometimes crash.

That\'s cod\'s whallop. Midi timing is a lot less delicate than audio timing. Besides, VSTi integration and midi are separate issues.

Post Reply