Pause Button

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
cderum

Pause Button

Post by cderum » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:38 pm

I am using Live's arranger view as a multitrack recorder. The one thing that is missing is a pause button. As it is now, playback always begins back at the start marker, and I need to keep adjusting the start marker to work on different parts of a track. It would be nice to be able to pause and continue playback from the same point.

podprod

pause button

Post by podprod » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:13 pm

please on next version..
Pause button!!!!
with midi control
thus when performing live a one step command (not from the computer keyboard)
to stop the groove and then contimuse at will without going back to original start position..
regards
POD

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:09 pm

oooo! i agree. i didn't even realize that i was annoyed at the lack of a pause button until you mentioned it.

k

podprod

pause button

Post by podprod » Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:03 am

yes..hoping that this might be an easy one for the team and one that might make things easier for us all in terms of making things work more seamlessly on the fly..
Fingers crossed
regards
POD

humbert

pause button

Post by humbert » Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:46 pm

right on with the pause button..
I am using live for dj work and would find quite useful to have pause button ..many times we need to stop a track and start from where we left off anf if i do not hit just right with the 2 step keyboard command the track goes back to the start
quite lover the program otherwise and look foward to what 3.0 might bring
peace to the world
humbert

musiteck

pause

Post by musiteck » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:37 pm

very important feature is pause button i agree

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Apr 11, 2003 11:23 pm

Hi folks,

beside the wish for "Pause" button please have in mind that since Live 2 we have continue & selection play using key commands.

Play from Start Marker / Stop: Space
Continue Play: Shift Space
Play Arranger Selection: Ctrl Space (Win), Alt Space (Mac)

regards,
Alex

podprod

pause

Post by podprod » Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:44 pm

thanks Alex..
yes the continue 2 step key command works just fine to pause continue in theory yet a midi shortcut and transport addition would make more sense to not have to deal with a computer keyboard when actually using the program in a show.
regards
POD

pause

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:34 pm

Greetings Ableton from Los Angeles CA USA
This is the most important music recording software to come along in the past 30 years!!!! I trulty mean that..WELL DONE!!
Noticed a few wish list features I was hoping for as well ..pause feature seems to be a nice one also would like to see some basic midi features perhaps a general midi import would really help myself and friends who are using thos in pro recording studios where the projects usually start out as midi.
Once again well done with best regards

DF

rgeistwhite

Re: Pause Button

Post by rgeistwhite » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:51 am

I can't believe this goes back to 2003. I thought it was just my ignorance, but is there really no way to PAUSE during recording? I understand you can Shift/Space to resume a playback, but this doesn't work during recording. Is there any way around this?

ICubeX

Post by ICubeX » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:41 pm

We just posted a Max for Live hack that gives you a pause button. See http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=846.

invol

Post by invol » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:18 am

Pause while record? Can you explain why that is needed?

Hauke

Post by Hauke » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:52 pm

I really wonder, why there is no pause button. I would like to hear if there is a reason for the missing button in Live.
ICubeX wrote:We just posted a Max for Live hack that gives you a pause button. See http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=846.
perfect, thanks for that :)

but is it possible to have only ONE button to pause/resume?

SgtBilko

Post by SgtBilko » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:19 pm

Still no pause button ?

Shanesplanet

Post by Shanesplanet » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:59 am

Holy crap, how many years is it going to take, to finally get a damn 'pause' button? Its been almost 16 damn years!!!I have spent so much on a pushes and various controllers, only to have this OBVIOUS command omitted. NO, using M4L is not an answer, it is just another thing to glitch and crash. NO, hitting a keyboard during a live show when the laptop aint even open, is NOT an option. Cmon guys, lets get this damn button/command fixed. I've been hoping for this for too many years now. Can i give you $10 usd to fix the goddamn thing? :evil: