loop over sample end

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
eric

loop over sample end

Post by eric » Sun Dec 23, 2001 6:05 pm

I would like to have the ability to loop over the sample end. Let's say I'm using a 2 bar loop that has been cut a few msec too short. The tempo detection algo will provide a tempo that's too high and the drum hits won't fall on beats. With current version (1.03), if I try moving the grid markers rightward to match the drum hits, then the max loop length allowed will be 1 3 3 because live cannot loop over the sample end.

I would like to be able to reduce the tempo AND be able to loop over a length of 2 0 0, even if there's a small gap at the end.

Maybe I'm missing something but I feel this is not possible today. If anyone knows a workaround pls advise.

Another application of this would be with single shot sounds (cymbals ...) that could be set to loop over x measures while retaining there original length ...

Cheers
Eric :)

position49

loop over sample end

Post by position49 » Wed Jan 02, 2002 8:24 pm

there is a long winded possibility to handle loops that has been cut too short.
you got to set a warpmarker at position 2.o.o ( doubleclick )to fix the loop length. now you can place another warpmarker at 1.4.4 and move all grid markers rightward without changing the looptempo. ;)

Another application of this would be with single shot sounds (cymbals ...) that could be set to loop over x measures while retaining there original length ...

you're right !!! live should be able(ton) to play soundfiles without tc or pitch change. what about an additional playback mode (trigger, gate, toggle, repeat, ONE SHOOT ) ???

mateo

loop over sample end

Post by mateo » Mon Jan 07, 2002 3:49 am

position49 wrote: you're right !!! live should be able(ton) to play soundfiles without tc or pitch change. what about an additional playback mode (trigger, gate, toggle, repeat, ONE SHOOT ) ???
I brought this up with ableton, and they said they'd have this functionality in a future version.
mateo

-------------------
www.mateomurphy.com