MIDI!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
dirtystudios

midi, muzys and something else that starts with 'm'

Post by dirtystudios » Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:39 am

first off. ableton, you are wonderful people for making this awesome, inspiring program that does nothing but get out of my way and lets me experiment and compose in a way i never thought possible.

hey twelve, i've been using a program called muzys (www.muzys.com) for my sequncing. it supports vsti's, sequencing and audio recording/editing. though it doesn't play well with live (yet: mac rewire support is in development), it's a poo-load better (and cheaper) than the clunky "creative killing" other programs. it's set up completely different than your everyday workstations, but it might be something to look into, and i think that future development will prove it to be quite usefull.

on the subject of midi implementation, i think the ability to drop midi files into live like the audio clipsand vsti support would be super keen. a small sequencer with a few options could be added for the midi clips where the audio clip editor is currently. nothing fancy, but it working in one program would rock my little world. simplicity is key though, messing up live with a bunch of nonsense would be a travisty beyond comprehension.

i also like twelves idea on a seperate midi program by ableton. if it would be half as revoloutionary as live, then consider my check mailed.

ludi

Midi

Post by ludi » Sat Jul 13, 2002 7:01 pm

Midi is outdated. Even the industry agrees. A new standard is necessary and may be on its way...
But for now, midi is still the standard, and thousands of us have outboard gear. Knob twiddling is what makes Live live, and outboard gear still can't be beat for that. Why not import midi loops into a session? This would create a whole new world of possibilities for Live users! How about it ableton?

Gerhard

Post by Gerhard » Sat Jul 13, 2002 10:51 pm

Hi, please see a previous posting from ours ("a word from ableton about MIDI...") on this topic:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=483

Gerhard
ableton