scenes with "Snapshot" of fader volumes/sends etc.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
claudek

scenes with "Snapshot" of fader volumes/sends etc..

Post by claudek » Wed May 14, 2003 10:05 pm

I would love a feature in Live where when one chooses a scene and selects a snapshot icon it would store all the levels/Fx sends/mutes so on of that scene so If when chosen the volumes would be se for a Live set..Otherwise it can be weird with levels and say 15 scenes of different musics etc..If I would choose another scene a complete differnet fader sets would be shown like a instant "recall"

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Thu May 15, 2003 11:02 pm

hell yes!

k

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:43 am

oh my god, i did not even think of this, yeah!!! it would be cool changing to the next track in a liveset without thinking about filter-frequency-values (etc.)!
:D

bob

Post by bob » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:47 pm

Maybe this could be fixed by adding automation info to loops?

Ideally a loop would consist of an arbitrary selection of
- wave info in different forms ( as regular waves, as mp3, as ogg... the cpu is the limit ;-)
- automation info (efx settings)
- midi info (notes + velocity)

Maybe the automation info and midi info are in fact one and the same thing, don't know so much about that.

Anyway, this should make a lot of dreams come true. But my guess is that the ableton guys are already working on some of these ideas...

Now, if you add the possibility to append a group of scenes with these kind of loops at the bottom of your set of slots... My dream of djing/remixing with live may be fulfilled as well (I did the post on live djing/remixing)

Leaves you with one problem: the kind of efx on every channel and the order in which you apply them should match the automation info...

Maybe efx shouldn't be track dependent but loop dependent? Maybe you should be able to have both options... Hmm, it's not at all that simple.

Peace,
Bob

Colourman

Re: scenes with "Snapshot" of fader volumes/sends etc.

Post by Colourman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:45 am

Peace out Bob,
This is dated 2003, so why is this still not an Ableton feature 14 yrs on? Listen to your customers.