WAV displays

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Johnny Charles

WAV displays

Post by Johnny Charles » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:21 am

1) When a track is playing the WAV is near black and the position curser is black, the WAV should be in a different colour so we can see the cursor.

2) When you zoom in on a live track's WAV file it would be good if the WAV automatically scrolled when the curser reached the end of the display.

kyleklip

Post by kyleklip » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:35 am

Just zoom in really small and click the follow arrow. I use Live as an oscilliscope all the time!

cashman

Re: WAV displays

Post by cashman » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:08 pm

Johnny Charles wrote:1) When a track is playing the WAV is near black and the position curser is black, the WAV should be in a different colour so we can see the cursor.

2) When you zoom in on a live track's WAV file it would be good if the WAV automatically scrolled when the curser reached the end of the display.
I'm not sure if it's worth replying,
but I second your opinion on this one!

I'm learning to DJ with Live and although I should ideally 'know' the tracks I play, it would be handy to have a cursor I can actually see whilst tweaking things with my MIDI controller and quickly checking the laptop screen.

Perhaps the user could have a choice of colour schemes for the wave and cursor - different contrasts etc.
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:06 pm

have you guys tried any of the custom skins - angstrom, personart, etc

Jackal and Hyde

Re: WAV displays

Post by Jackal and Hyde » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:47 am

Johnny Charles wrote:1) When a track is playing the WAV is near black and the position curser is black, the WAV should be in a different colour so we can see the cursor.

Agreed 100%. But even easier for ableton themselves, would be to change the cursor red or white.... I would think this could be done very simply? 5.5? But if not, yes I wish the waves were any color other than black with the black cursor. Some of us are older and have shitty eyes.

njh

Post by njh » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:39 am

i thought this was going to be about making the display of a wave bigger
i would like to be able to click on a wave and have a new window for it so i can edit it easier.
the window does not have to float... it could stay with the whole theme of live... i would just want the window to be the full horizonal length of the program.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:02 am

it pretty much is full width if you turn off the other views

cashman

Post by cashman » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:41 pm

longjohns wrote:have you guys tried any of the custom skins - angstrom, personart, etc
Before I go down that route -

Are the wave display colours changed in these other skins?

By all accounts -
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ight=skins
http://www.abletonlivedj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133

- no.
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon May 01, 2006 5:55 am

well, in the angstrom green-grey, the waveforms are white on a dark background. quite a change from the other skins, but pretty easy to see a black cursor

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon May 01, 2006 3:21 pm

also, try personart01. wav is a medium grey, considerably lighter than some of the other skins. overall i really like the look of that one