Request

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Jett

Request

Post by Jett » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:44 pm

A fellow ableton user said i should post this here.
I wish Live had midi mappable buttons for the following: save, undo, and a button that switches the view from session to arrangement and vice versa.
Basically i use a yamaha 01x as my controller for live and i work pretty much mouse free with those midi mappable buttons, especially undo and change view.
Another wish- Say im at the top scene in a track and i want to get to the bottom of a long list of clips. If i could push up say 3 or more times to get to the bottom of the list that could save a lot of time during performances.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:45 pm

Hi Jett,

sure these would be handy, but will not make their way to Live 6, so I move the thread to the wishlist forum, as other people can add their voice and propose solutions.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

Jett

Post by Jett » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:57 pm

thanks man i noticed i put the post in the wrong place so i did the same.

annihilator.1

Post by annihilator.1 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:39 pm

+ 1 for scene scroll / rollover to bottom clip

It may be confusing but if each track could rollover independently then even better.

chris_dan

Post by chris_dan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:56 am

Hey Jett,

I too am attempting to use the 01x and mouse to control all the parameters that I use in Live. Needless to say, controller emulations for the 01x really sucks the big one.....if you know what I mean.

As longjohns pointed out, Bome's Midi Translator is what I have been using to do the mapping. Midi-ox is another good midi tool but Bome's has the smoother interface as far as midi mapping is concerned. I just got into the live 6 beta circle and I do recall reading that Live 6 has a midi mapping function...once I get through the veritable plethora of new features in L6 I look at that as well. See http://www.bome.com/ for Midi Translator. If your interested I've posted a few of the files that I have been working on to accomplish the above task. You'll find 2 files that pertain to Midi Translator...one is the actual .bmtp file and the other is just a graphic of what the MT interface looks like. You can open the .bmtp file with notepad but you'll need MT to make things happen. MT is available as postcardware FYI. I've still got a number of additions that I want to add but it will give you an idea of what can be done. The items that you were looking for could easily be added.

I've also included a couple of pictures of a keyboard that I found at my local computer clearing house. The product is made by a company called Blaze and it's less that $20 CDN. It's both "cute" and functional. My audio workbench (Amiga rules!) contains both my laptop, desktop and 01x. The standard keyboard for my desktop was dead weight as far as Live is concerned. I wouldn't want to type a 50 page document with it though.

Oh yeah...the link to the above files is http://home.golden.net/~chris/.

Hope it helps........

Us 01x users should submit an enhancement request to Ableton to escalate the 01x emulation. They have over 30 emulations in L6 but no 01X. I just recently saw a request for the uc33e emulation and it was added within a week....WTF! If there are enough 01x/Ableton users I can't see why they wouldn't add the 01x emulation within a week as well...It's numbers game and the 01x is not the most popular controller in relation to other players.
Chris

Gluon

Post by Gluon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:23 pm

Adding my vote to this thread too !