Quicker file browser navigation

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
aleq

Quicker file browser navigation

Post by aleq » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:54 am

I am actually surprised that this has not been implemented yet. Maybe it can still make it into Live 6??? :)

Once in file browser, one should be able to start and continue typing the name of a directory or a file and the marker should automatically go there. This will GREATLY speed up finding files.

example 1:
I am in file browser. I have a bunch of directories. I only see the ones starting with A. I am looking for "REMIXES" directory. I start typing. Typed "R". Marker should jump to the first diretory that starts with R. I continue typing "E". Marker should jump to a directory that starts with RE and so on.

example 2:
Also, if I typed "R" and then realized I was looking for "EDITS" directory instead of "REMIXES", I pause for a bit and then type "E". In that case, the marker should go to first directory that starts with E.

- AK

kbadelt

Post by kbadelt » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:27 pm

Like Finder list view? I agree. +1
----------
Live 6b13, OS X 10.4.7, Quad 2.5 GHz G5, 4.5 GB RAM, ProjectMix, MackieControl, MackieControl XT, and 40 unused PCs...

dr.wackler

Re: Quicker file browser navigation

Post by dr.wackler » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:54 am

Would be nice indeed, I use this all the time in Finder.
But in Live I guess it would badly conflict with the key mapping system, since mapped keys do not depend on what section of Live's window is in focus.