Beat Repeat 2

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
glamourboy

Post by glamourboy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:44 pm

i would like a "global unsync switch". when dj'ing with live i don't use global quantize, as i like to stab the tracks in and because it's more fun.
this however makes beatrepeat next to useless because it follows the global clock. so i want the option to make it sync from the moment it's switched on. hope this makes sense.

sinnatagg

Post by sinnatagg » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:25 pm

glamourboy wrote:i would like a "global unsync switch". when dj'ing with live i don't use global quantize, as i like to stab the tracks in and because it's more fun.
this however makes beatrepeat next to useless because it follows the global clock. so i want the option to make it sync from the moment it's switched on. hope this makes sense.
What about the repeat button ? That is not synced and acts when you press it.

-a

glamourboy

Post by glamourboy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:35 am

sinnatagg wrote:
glamourboy wrote:i would like a "global unsync switch". when dj'ing with live i don't use global quantize, as i like to stab the tracks in and because it's more fun.
What about the repeat button ? That is not synced and acts when you press it.

-a
i'm afraid that doesn't quite do it. it does trigger the moment i activate the repeat button, but the loop is only from the moment i press repeat till the next "1" on the global clock, creating gaps. hard to explain but i've tested it thoroughly. also it doesn't really have the beatrepeat effect since it's the same bit of sound being looped.

Eldon Tyrell

Post by Eldon Tyrell » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:36 am

Beat Repeat 2, OH YEAH!

Ableton, please create the successor to Beat Repeat!

Eldon 8)