Improve the Manage Sample File or bring back the Edit button

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:40 pm

Poster wrote: Just take part next year and find out yourself..
Ableton DOES listen.. there we're many operational revisions done during the beta phase because beta testers suggested so..
No my beta days are over more than ten years I couldnt do it again. It waters down the experience of a new prouct for me. The pay was zero as well and I had to give the stuff back
HA HA HA :twisted:

forge

Post by forge » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:45 pm

mercyplease wrote:
forge wrote:
oh we surely did

there was an "alpha" that went on for a good 2 weeks before the first beta, and pretty much most of the stuff discussed in the beta phase was all discussed there plenty first

and my alpha was pretty stable so I had alot of time to moan about things like that
ye Forge but its hardly the flood gates of the river nile rushing in. I think theres a lot of user apathy with this software. Fuck fuck fuck It, I care if a feature I use is removed. I get in to a habit and as wel all know its hard to break habits.
yeah but look at the forum now - it's getting requested all over the place

I actually think they will bring it back because the response has been pretty overwhelming and when they've changed things like that in the past they've brought them back for less than this is getting

pretty much EVERYONE is saying they want it back

headquest

Post by headquest » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:56 pm

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49608

The more YES votes in the poll, the more compelling the case for Ableton responding :wink: . Keep the votes coming!
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

krikor

Post by krikor » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:50 am

i'm on it too. the edit function is annoying as it is now. It only works when a set is saved as gathered, and it's really too long compared to the live5 behavior...

D DAS

Post by D DAS » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:29 pm

bring back the edit button please + 1. it is such a small little button it wasn't hurting anybody and it was helping everybody so please abes, bring it back

scorb

Post by scorb » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:53 pm

AbsoF***inlutely!

Bring back EDIT and Replace.

What dumbass in the development of Live 6 thinks that replacing a one click operation with something as convoluted as this is an improvement to workflow?

Seriously, whoever came up with this or approved it for the update should be fired. Grrr!

Do ableton acrtually have anyone that uses this software during development? ever heard of "if it ain't broke..."

Actuel

Post by Actuel » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:59 am

please oh please bring this feature back. the current 'Manage Files' method is miserable. i really can't understand why they'd take out a simple button. its not like it was hording GUI space or anything...sheesh!

FORMAT

Post by FORMAT » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:50 am

Actuel wrote:please oh please bring this feature back. the current 'Manage Files' method is miserable. i really can't understand why they'd take out a simple button. its not like it was hording GUI space or anything...sheesh!
It's half as complicated than you think...... just right-click the waveform in the Clip window and choose Manage File.... it'll go to the requested file straight away...

Best,
Roland

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:05 am

FORMAT wrote:
Actuel wrote:please oh please bring this feature back. the current 'Manage Files' method is miserable. i really can't understand why they'd take out a simple button. its not like it was hording GUI space or anything...sheesh!
It's half as complicated than you think...... just right-click the waveform in the Clip window and choose Manage File.... it'll go to the requested file straight away...

Best,
Roland
heres one for you i think this might be a simpler way of doing things here it goes, oh look theres the edit button........click..........bye.
Drums

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:20 am

Cryptic UK wrote:heres one for you i think this might be a simpler way of doing things here it goes, oh look theres the edit button........click..........bye.
Nice one ... :lol:
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

Actuel

Post by Actuel » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:02 pm

Cryptic UK wrote:
FORMAT wrote:

Best,
Roland
heres one for you i think this might be a simpler way of doing things here it goes, oh look theres the edit button........click..........bye.
Exactly my point Cryptic UK!...thank you

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:30 am

boom-p
6.0.2 I mean 6.0.3 (Thats not right?) and still no sign of edit...
Free "Nelson Edit Button"
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

sofasisters

I can't live without it!

Post by sofasisters » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:33 pm

Bring it back please to its rightful home and while you're there can we have an option to choose another editor too? Depending on how you want to edit the sample a choice of external editors would be superb!!

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:59 am

they will never bring it back this company would never admit to being wrong. Thats a fact
HA HA HA :twisted:

stallos

Post by stallos » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:53 pm

late-comer but I only recently upgraded and now I'm feeling all the above mentioned pain

please bring back the edit button, its really useful and the new option is workflow stifling

thanks