Renaming of audio and midi channels in options please

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
Khazul

Renaming of audio and midi channels in options please

Post by Khazul » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:44 pm

Some of us are dumb enough to have more than just a few audio and midi in and us, remembering which channel number is which required a crib sheet.

While its such a tiny thing - its been one of the major things thats put me of live in the past, and its such a simple thing to do. :)

OK - so maybe I have alot of both midi and audio channel having a mostly hardware rig - but when you do have alot of hardwre channels to deal with - simple things like labellig them become a big deal :)

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:26 am

I think for hardware, the ability to have not only program/bank select but also the destination output/channel inside clips as an option would be beneficial.
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50433
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

Khazul

Re: Renaming of audio and midi channels in options please

Post by Khazul » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:27 am

Khazul wrote:Some of us are dumb enough to have more than just a few audio and midi in and outs, remembering which port/channel number is which required a crib sheet.

While its such a tiny thing - its been one of the major things thats put me of live in the past, and its such a simple thing to do. :)

OK - so maybe I have alot of midi ports and audio channels having a mostly hardware rig - but when you do have alot of hardwre channels to deal with - simple things like labelling them becomes a big deal :)