Video export plz

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
itsthejayj

Video export plz

Post by itsthejayj » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:46 am

I know it has been mentioned, and the team has hinted it might be included in the next release, but i thought i should emphasis how important a video export facility would be. Time warping video is so key in the audiovisual world, i create video acapellas on a regular basis and at the moment there is no facility on the mac to create such video acapellas. In short, please please include a video export facility it would open a whole new audiovisual world.

e-theory

Post by e-theory » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:15 am

Whilst I can certainly understand where you are coming from I disagree, and think that the more video features Live has, the less resources are being placed on Live as a music production environment.

In my opinion if you want to edit video, buy a video editing program. Adding video editing features to live would go a long way to making it bloated and more annoying for those only needing it for music production.

However, I might be totally wrong, as there was already obviously a lot of requests for it to get video import in the current version....

Fledz

Post by Fledz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:25 am

I don't believe it was that widely wanted. Ableton seem to have catered to a niche market, while they left out some core upgrades for musicians which is quite sad.

atsushi

Post by atsushi » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:44 am

I hope

1) preview the video that edit loop in session view.
2) video out through over Firewire or video output board.

I wish not edit video on Live,
but remix with audio and visual on Live session.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:39 pm

Please:
1) Session view video
2) Video export

AV is the future!!!!

deva

Post by deva » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:33 am

Adding video playback was highly requested and easy for Ableton to add.

Video export might be much more work. Export what format? what framerate? interlaced?

I might also prefer (since I have FCP) Ableton put their effort into audio side if video export was a resource intensive feature

klangsulfat

Post by klangsulfat » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:37 am

e-theory wrote:In my opinion if you want to edit video, buy a video editing program. Adding video editing features to live would go a long way to making it bloated and more annoying for those only needing it for music production.
I agree, but editing video and exporting video are two totally different things.

However, it seems not to be the biggest deal to implement an export feature when a application already can handle importing and playback videos.

Tone

Post by Tone » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:12 am

yes we need to export video NOT as a dj but as a producer. I am making some real crazy soundtracks to theese video clips, and i have no way to share my finished product. until I can "render" its just a waste of time. :cry:
MacBook Pro 15", 2.0 i7 quad, 16 gb ram, OS X 10.10.2, Live 9.6, PUSH II
https://soundcloud.com/nitepeople

Luque

Re: Video export plz

Post by Luque » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:15 pm

itsthejayj wrote:In short, please please include a video export facility it would open a whole new audiovisual world.
Thats so right!!! Never could say it better!!! Let us explore new audio/visual world!!! :idea:

someonelse

Massive Letdown

Post by someonelse » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:33 am

I was so exited when I was waiting for my serial number...
Then I spent hours working on a video as part of my degree. First confusion, then disbelief...

I only signed up to this forum just to say this:

WHERE IS IT!?

I'd have been happy with even highly limited functionality - freeware video converters are everywhere.

e-theory wrote:
In my opinion if you want to edit video, buy a video editing program. Adding video editing features to live would go a long way to making it bloated and more annoying for those only needing it for music production.
Do you know of any other software that uses warp-markers? Are we asking for chroma-key, multiple video channels or even simple transitions?

No

Live 6 would be very, very useful for synchronising short sections of video which could then be moved into other software to produce the video in.

In fact, I only even bought the upgrade because I read that it had a video track. One would assume that a video track would include import, basic editing and export.

What's the point in warping video in the first place if all you can do is show it from your own computer? The manual gives the example of the video producer giving the composer a piece of video...
Rubbish - if the composer warped the video it wouldn't synch with the original anymore would it?

So the only real functionality is for live work. Great. The lack of export function renders some fantastic functions utterly pointless for 99% of the software's working time.
No video work done in Live 6 can be distributed or released in any way. This is a huge problem with an otherwise outstanding piece of software.

I loved Live 5. I was really hopeful for Live 6.
I really hope they fix this one.

And sorry for the negative tone of this post...
Just had a lot of hard work go to waste.
Suppose I should have found out sooner by doing a test or something.
:roll:

atsushi

first frame of moive clip

Post by atsushi » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:28 am

I wanna one more thing.

When playback the movie loop , first frame of movie clip always playbacked.
This problem is that get flickered video when act on Live6.

Full screen option when double click of movie window is very nice.
http://synchrotron.jp

heavy site. stream audio and video.

Tone

Post by Tone » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:55 pm

youtube and google video are 2 of the hottest things one the net right now (don't blink) and everyone has a video capable ipod and or phone.. the now the new iphone!. still can't believe there is no export.
:cry:
MacBook Pro 15", 2.0 i7 quad, 16 gb ram, OS X 10.10.2, Live 9.6, PUSH II
https://soundcloud.com/nitepeople

itsthejayj

psss just a heads up

Post by itsthejayj » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:42 am

just a heads up on how i'm exporting the video... best way i found would be to use a video camera with video in and out, connect you computer to the camera using firewire and record to the camera, then play the contents of your camera back to the computer... long way around but it works!!!

zanlyons

Post by zanlyons » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:51 pm

Ableton as a fully funtioning audio/visual perfomance tool would be nothing short of incredible. with the powerful graphics cards now on the market and in most new laptops, it wouldn't even need to impeed processor power.
even on my ancient powerbook 667 the video warping runs at full screen with no dropped frames which is more than i can say for even Final Cut Pro.
http://www.zanlyons.com
Powerbook 667. 768mb Ram.

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:55 pm

I thought "video capabilities" meant that you of course could export it too. I would never have guessed one could not export them. I don't do videos though, so whatever. Still kinda weird though.