Pre/post loop implementation

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
paulkeeley

Pre/post loop implementation

Post by paulkeeley » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:42 am

One small thing I've found that could make a huge difference with this program is the inclusion of a more conventional looping system. What I mean is to allow the starting point to exist outside of the clip's loop. This would allow for a smoother integration of rendered clips that have spatial effects and long note decays to have a more realistic start, instead of just cutting in with the residual trailoff at the start of the loop. Also, a loop release would be incredibly useful for the same reason, although I've found that I can usually fake it by cranking a delay or reverb send before stopping a clip to mask the apbrupt ending.

Just my three cents. Oh yeah, the zoom in-out gestures are incredibly awkward. I still haven't quite gotten used to them. Otherwise, cheers on an incredible piece of software.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:33 am

there is an option when rendering in live to do what you're saying - select render as loop and it will render twice, playing it once, then rendering just the fx the second time, so it loops properly.... :wink: