Support for REX-Files (ReCycle)

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
notoric

Support for REX-Files (ReCycle)

Post by notoric » Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:44 pm

Hi,

congratulations for this great program!!!
How about a support for .rex files (created in Propellerhead`s Recycle)? I appreciate the possibility to choose my own slice-points.

greetings from munich

notoric
;)

NeutrixX

Recycle 2.0 file support... I agree!

Post by NeutrixX » Wed May 01, 2002 1:06 am

They are the smallest high quality soundfiles availble to the working musician. Ableton needs to be able to utilize these files! They come with their own segmentation (allowing for quicker manipulation within Live - if they bring it on!). This is a great idea, and I feature I need right now! :roll:

NeutrixX

Live 1.5 rocks - but REX audio files need to be supported...

Post by NeutrixX » Sun May 05, 2002 8:20 am

I love Live 1.5! After playing around with it for the past 3 days... it simply rocks for making tracks. I would love to see them support .rx2 soundfiles, and I hope I can render separate tracks within a composition to wave or aiff or rex in the near future (when I purchase the product). I've tried to read exactly what it renders to when you do it to disk, but I haven't found the documentation anywhere... (I assume it's to wav)...

Krzysztof

Rex Files

Post by Krzysztof » Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:06 am

It would be a nice addition....

GabbaGob

REX

Post by GabbaGob » Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:33 pm

This will not happen unfortunately. Propellerheads will not release the specification ie it is not public domian like other formats. They want to use it with their Dr Rex player in Reason.

I found this out when I e-mailed the author of BeatCreator - a Recycle like tool. He managed to 'crack' the REX1 format but not the REX2 format as yet.

GG

jdg

Post by jdg » Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:53 pm

propellerheads would probably be happy to give you a rex2 SDK if you liscense it from them for lots of $$$
www.google.com

best website ever

Magnusb

rex

Post by Magnusb » Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:04 pm

I see no reason why propellerheads would not let Ableton IMPORT .rex files. Remember that this could generate sales for Propellerheads hence Recycle are the only program that can GENERATE .rex files... :?

/M