DJ & PERFORMANCE wishlist...

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
condra

Post by condra » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:54 pm

1 easy but usefull improvement:
UP/DOWN incremental buttons on the midi pitch device, obviously so they can be assigned to midi or keyboard buttons. Think about it, it makes sense, for racks etc.

condra

Post by condra » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:45 am

one last bump.

I'm guessing you guys are finishing up work on Live 7 over the next couple of weeks.

RandomBeat

Post by RandomBeat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:41 pm

hope its not too late, first post here are my suggestions....

+1 for almost everything previously asked for, highlighting the color changing waveform, better eq & filters (ala Xone mixers or djm800) and seperable windows for multiple monitors........

* a "dj" mode you could put ableton in, so several of the features we mentioned could be easily activated and deactivated, for dual purpose functionality without sacrificing production aspects......

* a tracklist export function, so when i do a live set in public or on radio, i can export a simple file with the filenames i have played, in the order i played them.

* Automatic color change after a clip in certain rows (dj track rows) has played, so when a clip plays its way thru, it automatically changes black, and i know i have mixed it. I do this already, but a great timesaver it would be.

* Multiple loop points within each sample, so instead of changing the loop point from say 1-8 and then back to 194-202, i can set and leave both, with seperate activators, all within one clip/sample.

* direct relationship with the novation music company, their automap is more then likly the future of midi, i can vouch for its usefullness using live, live.

* modular design layout so we can really get into our own custom screen edits, very useful when your left handed or so on....

*autosave on warp, so when warping if you forget to click save, your still alllllgoooood!

* a pat to everyone in your office and field, as a sales rep for an unnamed recording retailer, your rep is the first ive met in a long time who seemed like a match for the job!

thank you for making a program that has literally changed the way i think of software, and i cant wait to try 7! :)
every other monday --LiveCast @ ibreaks.co.uk-- 5-7pm EST

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:28 pm

womoma wrote: Custom Ableton Hardware
2 new m-audio controllers specifically built for Ableton Live. 1 for production, 1 for DJing.
The latter would be a bit like a "UC33e on speed", with better build quality, more (and better and bigger) buttons, and a crossfader. Something like this could easily sell for around 400 dollars.
Not gonna happen. M-Audio doesn't distribute Ableton in the market that matters most to M-Audio: The US.
ethios4 wrote:One thing to remember is that you will probably never ever get to experience your own music the way you experience other people's music.
http://www.myspace.com/kristallin

pribeh_tom

Post by pribeh_tom » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:46 pm

The first-and-foremost performance request is for lower latency, smaller buffer sizes. Second, a reliable midi-clock.

On intel mac: Live should be able to run wit the same degree of latency as logic. you can achieve a 64 sample buffer size using the internal interface.

there's no excuse. we're on version 6. version 7 should be able to achieve a 64 sample buffer performance. core audio is great in virtually all other DAWs (using a mac intel) except Live.

I no longer even use live for performance, I use my MPC and Logic - much more reliable.
Macbook Pro (core2duo), iMac (santa rosa), OSX 10.5, X-Station, G-Drive, MPC 1000 (JJ OS 4.95).

condra

Post by condra » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:14 pm

Another request:

Smaller send/return knobs, or a small indication of send levels, when their visability is off.

marcel_brunner@gmx.net

Post by marcel_brunner@gmx.net » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:02 am

I'd like to have to these features in Live 7:

- iPod integration: today I have to store each mp3 file twice on the iPod: one time for listening, and one time for DJing
- native mp3 integration without the Decoding Cache that feeds up my hard disk(s)
- Clip preview (pre-listening) enhancements to be able to scroll/browse through the track and not start at the beginning of the track, exclusively (helps pre-listening large clips)
- ability to support more than one soundcard

condra

Post by condra » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:00 am

Well, shouldn't be long now...

Hopefully Abes picked up on some of our points :D

butch_d

Post by butch_d » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:06 am

seems that's the point to discuss but i think it's a must - an ability to TURN OFF PLAYBACK START FROM MOUSE CLICK TO NAVIGATION BAR in arrangement view. with the live performance situation the accidental click can make real problem.

e-theory

Post by e-theory » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:46 am

Tarekith wrote:They should make an audio plug in called "Deck". You could load a full song into it, and map controller to it so you could scratch with it. It'd have 8 loops you could store for each song (write the info in the ASD file), and do effects like brake stops, and rewinds in real-time.
Actually there is no reason why you couldn't write a VST to do this rather easily ( when I say easily I mean easier than rewriting Massive for instance :D ).

If enough people put support behind it I would be happy to write a VST plugin for Live to do just that. Sounds like a rather simple thing to do and a really interesting challenge to implement - especially something that correctly deals with speed up aliasing and slow-down interpolation - and something with controls for the motor torque and inertia of a real turntable - I'm getting DSP excitment already....
evolutionary theory - Core RnD and Technical Director at Dr.D Studios / DnB Producer / Composer
evolutionarytheory@gmail.com

http://www.evolutionary-theory.com
http://www.evolutionaryrecordings.com
now evolving.... site coming soon....

http://soundcloud.com/evolutionarytheory

Gravis

Post by Gravis » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:56 pm

I pray I'm not too late, and i don't think my request would be hard to implement anyway .....

Midi assignable "centitones" section on a clip.

This would let me RE-KEY tracks on the fly without having to use the mouse, that would be unbelievably good for harmonic mixing!!!

How to do it ....

The easiest way would be to move/have a centitones section on each channel, rather than/as well as, a centitones section on clip.

Allowing us to assign a midi controller to it would help out a ton!

Thanks in advance :wink:
Last edited by Gravis on Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

condra

Post by condra » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:17 pm

Quick and easy dummy clips.

Something like Devine Machine Lucifer would be great, basically a multi effects unit with envelopes.

Rockin.

condra

Post by condra » Sat May 24, 2008 1:13 am

Its time to bump this for Live 8.

A new thread is not needed because unfortunatly, very few of the suggestions here were addressed for Live 7.

Dont forget the DJs for Live 8 Abes!!

BassTooth

Beat Repeat II

Post by BassTooth » Sun May 25, 2008 5:07 pm

Beat Repeat II!!!!!!

condra

Re: Beat Repeat II

Post by condra » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:02 am

BassTooth wrote:Beat Repeat II!!!!!!
Yes please! With envelopes!