Offline Midi Mapping

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
yannxou

Offline Midi Mapping

Post by yannxou » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:37 pm

I've recently been playing with GlovePIE and a Wiimote and I must say it's very responsive and with very low latency. Recommended.

But:
My problem comes when I want to map the CC sent by GovePIE to a parameter in Live because in my GlovePie preset, the Wiimote controller sends different CC data continuously as it's being moved (a different CC for each x,y,z) and when I select a parameter for mapping is very difficult to reproduce the desired CC.

I suppose this situation also may happen when mapping handgloves or other devices that can send data continuosly..

I think that one possible solution could be to allow manually entering of the CC/Note and channel in a parameter. This could be as simple as editing the fields in the MIDI Mappings list but, not only this can't be done at the moment but also when MIDI mapping is selected it maps the last received CC to the currently selected parameter (and now that multiple parameters can be mapped to the same CC this can create a great disorder as parameters are being selected...).

And that's because I think that an offline MIDI Mapping editing (to edit the list while ignoring the received MIDI) is necessary.

Or could somebody give me another existing solution?
Live 9 Suite / MaxForLive / MacBook Black 2.4Ghz / 4Gb RAM / OSX 10.7.5 / Motu828 mk1 / MicroKONTROL / Midisport 4x4 / Korg Kaoss Pad II / Nocturn / Wiimote.

dextroc

Post by dextroc » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:30 pm

You know, I was meaning to post this suggestion myself.
WHEEEEOOO!!!
Yup...
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz, Ableton Live Suite 8, Max/MSP/Jitter, TC Konnekt 24d, Remote SL 25, Monome, joysticks, music boxes, harps, guitars, whatever...

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:58 am

Yes, it would be nice

Korhan

Post by Korhan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:16 am

I had requested this long ago, because of the problems I had with assigning the KaossPad to parameters (it sends 3 controllers simultaneously). Ableton did not respond to this, but they have at least given us other quite significant midi control improvements. I have also started experimenting with GlovePie and the P5 Glove, not with Live but with Audiomulch (www.audiomulch.com)
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

envyro

Post by envyro » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:14 pm

i have the same problem when mapping the xy pad on my padkontrol

saiteron

Re: Offline Midi Mapping

Post by saiteron » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:37 am

yet another request for manual MIDI map entry relating to gyroscopic controllers. please. add this feature.

S4racen

Re: Offline Midi Mapping

Post by S4racen » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:24 am

Hi, you could use CLyphX Pro and it's Bindings add on to write the mappings independent of Live's MIDI Mapping functionality...

https://isotonikstudios.com/product/cly ... -bindings/

Cheers
D