new feature for overdub ?

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
dusty

new feature for overdub ?

Post by dusty » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:46 pm

:D :idea:
The overdub now write and rewrite note on the sames clip
But what do you think if you can actived and another overdub who create a new clip each time the clip arrived at the end that's you have predecied

dextroc

Post by dextroc » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:21 am

That sounds good, if I understand it right. Are you thinking a new clip will be created with the overdub + the original for every time it reaches the end, right? Could be problematic also, though. What i'd like to see, though, is another overdub feature that lets you choose how many overdubs you'd like and then removes the older versions when you've exceded that amount.
That might just be the max/msp in me talking, though...
Yup...
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz, Ableton Live Suite 8, Max/MSP/Jitter, TC Konnekt 24d, Remote SL 25, Monome, joysticks, music boxes, harps, guitars, whatever...

dusty

eh yes

Post by dusty » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:45 pm

some think like that's
first step you created a clip2 bar long ( for exemple)
now you record your midi notes, you have the choice to actived
- the "overdub" (i like this too) who rewrite midi notes in the sames clip who's playing in loop
or the "overdub +" who write the midi notes in the clip you haved create but now if you don't play more note after the 2 bar long your clip will turn in loop, and when you play some new midi notes the "overdub +" will create a new empty clip for you
I doesn't have max but perhaps they have a feature, more i'm used Live more i like it with this session mode who you can remix your projet itch times you open it