sampler: adjustable zone view

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
forge

sampler: adjustable zone view

Post by forge » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:47 pm

so if you could adjust the boundary between the zone editor and the sample layer list after the solo buttons

look how much wasted space there is in this picture:

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:45 pm

this empty space can be used for my new buttons:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70638

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:46 pm

j/k

;)

but they could appear there in midi map mode...

auto_moment

Post by auto_moment » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:55 pm

isn`t it right click over zone view select sm/m/lrge to resize? :arrow:

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:51 pm

resizing it does not use the blank space - it just shows less at a time!

at least for me, unless I'm missing something

auto_moment

Post by auto_moment » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:34 am

less at a time? Er the complete keyzone,mute/solo buttons stretch way over to the left using the above method.Image

steff3

Post by steff3 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:33 pm

but it would be great to zoom in the virtual keyboard like you can in the MIDI editor or in the timeline respectively. To view 8 octaves you need a wide monitor- what is not necessary if you could zoom.

Also scrolling should be like that - not with the scroll bar at the bottom. that would be a straight user interface. that is what got lost after Live 3 ....

best

poshook

Post by poshook » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:43 am

I would also prefere to select individual zones directly with mouse (not only via sample names selection). This feature would be very useful to select particular zones with f.e. the same velocity range without confusing thumbing through them...

forge

Post by forge » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:48 am

steff3 wrote:but it would be great to zoom in the virtual keyboard like you can in the MIDI editor or in the timeline respectively. To view 8 octaves you need a wide monitor- what is not necessary if you could zoom.

Also scrolling should be like that - not with the scroll bar at the bottom. that would be a straight user interface. that is what got lost after Live 3 ....

best
that's how I feel it should work - I always go up the top to zoom like I would in arrange etc - it should follow suit

the small/large etc wasnt intuitive enough I felt and didnt go far enough

it would make MUCH more sense to click+drag like it does everywhere else

but also the way you increase/decrease the midi editor - should be able to grab the boundary and drag it

sadfay

Re:

Post by sadfay » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:38 pm

forge wrote:
steff3 wrote:but it would be great to zoom in the virtual keyboard like you can in the MIDI editor or in the timeline respectively. To view 8 octaves you need a wide monitor- what is not necessary if you could zoom.

best
that's how I feel it should work - I always go up the top to zoom like I would in arrange etc - it should follow suit

the small/large etc wasnt intuitive enough I felt and didnt go far enough

it would make MUCH more sense to click+drag like it does everywhere else

but also the way you increase/decrease the midi editor - should be able to grab the boundary and drag it
I just came on here to check if there was a way to Zoom in on the Zone area of the Sampler. I've been using Ableton for nearly 3 years and I didn't realise I could right click and choose "Sm / Md / Large". (So thanks for highlighting that for me guys!)

I'm really pleased that this is an option, but I have to agree: Click+Drag Zoom on the Sampler "Zone" area would be a lot more intuitive and fit the style of the interface.

While I'm here: The Slice To New Midi Track - Sampler options in Live 9 are pretty neat! Thanks for that. So much easier to create a sample bank of several different sliced tracks. Very nice!