STOP WATCH

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
D_Dialect

STOP WATCH

Post by D_Dialect » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:51 pm

A stop watch that starts as soon as I start a set.

today Ive been searching the net for one to run on my powerbook.

It needs to not use too much cpu power, and be very simple. Ive found a utility called Watchit, that is close to my requirements. It floats in a window above ableton.

The Ableton one wouldnt need to float. However a feature it could include, are user set visual alarms that you set to go of at intervals of your choosing or specific times. like once every 5 minutes. Or specifically one at 5 mins then next at 3mins since, then another 4.5 mins and so on (unlimited user alarms, because they are actually used as performance ques).

hmm been thinking of this visual alarm. it wouldnt be enough for it to just be an icon that blinks on. it would need to pulse, so fade in/away so that the user will notice it (and remember hes just had a que)...and/or fade in to a full blink. (not sure if my explanation is clear enough, however the LEDs on my sherman filter bank LFO is a good example of what I mean) - maybe there could be one or two setting for this pulse, like (wave, Saw up, Saw Down, Triangle, or simple on/off), and a settings for the colours of the blinking/pulse que alarm, or not..maybe too much to demand.

this would be useful for those wishing to organise their sets with rough time ques etc.
Last edited by D_Dialect on Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

octatone

Post by octatone » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:49 pm

want.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:19 pm

+1

A workaround is to flip to Arrange View real quick and look at the bottom of the track area. There's a timeline down there that will tell you how long it's been since you started playing.

Delinquent Dialect

Re: STOP WATCH

Post by Delinquent Dialect » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:36 pm

I cant believe this hasnt been implemented yet!

also on this thread:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 3#p1319793

esaias

Post by esaias » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:43 am

Lazu

Post by Lazu » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:37 pm

Any news on this? I would like to use Ableton for film scoring, but I need to jump to the exact time...