MainStage-like stuff for Live

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
posssu

MainStage-like stuff for Live

Post by posssu » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:23 pm

I'd like to see something like Apple introduced with MainStage on Logic8 coming for Live as well. I like the idea of being able to build your own view of building blocks and only the controls you need.

The same idea is already applied on Jazzmutant's Lemur -interfaces - so why not Live too? However they do it, there should be some performance view in Live. You don't need to see it all when performing.

And this performance view should implement some kind of smart set changing via midi too with background-loading.
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

mr.ergonomics

Post by mr.ergonomics » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:21 am

+1

posssu

Post by posssu » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:33 pm

I think the biggest lack in Live when it comes to performing is that it's a bit awkward to use Live as an instrument. Live rocks when playing with loops and altering sound, but what if you have many racks of sounds, you need a different sound for verse, for chorus, etc. Sure, this can be done with racks but...

What Live needs here is MainStage-like approach of being able to make Live look like an instrument when wanted. As a keyboard player I might have some loops I use here and there, so session view is handy, but what if I want to see my "instrument" and its parameters too? This isn't so easily done anymore, especially if the sounds are on separate tracks.

Anyway... this would be awesome. Maybe what everyone talks about... modular interface as a third "view"?
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live