Cue listen/Prelisten scrub...

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
kabuki

Cue listen/Prelisten scrub...

Post by kabuki » Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:20 pm

... for the DJs.

It would be HUGE to be able to listen to trax in the cue mix (prelisten channel) that are already dropped into the session view;

And be able to scrub around in a track to find the compatible break if there is one...

... and of course, a better fader curve...

:)
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:50 pm

it is already possible. Go to options, check PFL switches instead of Solo switches. Now all the solo buttons on session tracks are replaced by prelisten switches. To listen to a track in just the phones, unclick the green monitor button (so that the track isn't playing through the mains/master out), then click the prelisten button to make it light up blue. Listen and enjoy. To scrub around and find stuff in your prelisten clip, just have the clip view open at the bottom, have the clip warped and then you can use the loop offset postion to quickly get around the clip. If you want to then use a section of the clip, just make sure loop is on, then use the region markers to define your loop length and postion. Fun times. Live has a ton of tricks up it's sleeves.

Ryan

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:56 pm

Dude, Thanks! That is awesome. And I thought I knew Live... :P
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:26 pm

no sweat. I learn something new about Live everyday, especially on these forums, and mainly from just using it. The possibilites are astounding in Live 3, and I'm sure we're in for so much more in the future..

Ryan