again ....

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Dexter

again ....

Post by Dexter » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:19 pm

So i updated to 3 .
I must say a total waste of money .
All new features i dont use .
Please ad vsti in the new update .
And a simpel midi seq would be nice .

Re: again ....

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:49 pm

Dexter wrote:So i updated to 3 .
I must say a total waste of money .
All new features i dont use .
Please ad vsti in the new update .
And a simpel midi seq would be nice .
ha, foolish words! - you will be humbly eating them in a couple of weeks if you stick with it - the clip envelope stuff sets it a whole world apart from everything else. Stick at it man, it would be tragic (for you) not to!

gaspode

Didn't you read the updates?

Post by gaspode » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:33 am

If you're so upset that you wasted your money... perhaps you should have read what the new features were before you spent it? :)

newsean

Post by newsean » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:05 pm

if you want a midi/audio sequencer with VSTi, i suggest you go buy a different program.
the beauty of Live is that you don't need all that junk. Reason and Live rewired together kill all those other VSTi's.

Dexter

Post by Dexter » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:30 pm

newsean wrote:if you want a midi/audio sequencer with VSTi, i suggest you go buy a different program.
the beauty of Live is that you don't need all that junk. Reason and Live rewired together kill all those other VSTi's.
First of all . I think Ableton rocks in a live situation .
I dont use it in the studio .
I have a studio full of vintage gear .. so Reason ? :lol:
I want run some small synths live next to Ableton .
I dont use Ableton in the studio . Only live .
Dont want use SX in combi with rewire in a live situation .
Why do i want vsti support ?
There is a cool stepseq in vsti format called Era . http://www.sonicbytes.com/
In a few weeks its ported to OSX so i could use it live .
So if Ableton had VStI support i can use that stepseq and dont have to buy a alesis MMT-8 or a second Powerbook to run maybe SX .
Is it so difficult to ad simpel midi
or vsti support ?
Ableton is a live tool .. So why no midi ?
I really dont want to run SX in combi with rewire ..
It just doesnt work live .

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:44 pm

try bidule

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:58 pm

Dexter wrote:
newsean wrote:if you want a midi/audio sequencer with VSTi, i suggest you go buy a different program.
First of all . I think Ableton rocks in a live situation .
I dont use it in the studio .
I have a studio full of vintage gear .. so Reason ? :lol:
I want run some small synths live next to Ableton .
I dont use Ableton in the studio . Only live .
Dont want use SX in combi with rewire in a live situation .
Why do i want vsti support ?
There is a cool stepseq in vsti format called Era . http://www.sonicbytes.com/
In a few weeks its ported to OSX so i could use it live .
So if Ableton had VStI support i can use that stepseq and dont have to buy a alesis MMT-8 or a second Powerbook to run maybe SX .
Is it so difficult to ad simpel midi
or vsti support ?
Ableton is a live tool .. So why no midi ?
I really dont want to run SX in combi with rewire ..
It just doesnt work live .
It's a shame you don't have a PC as FLstudio is the perfect companion to live + VSTis + outboard gear - it really is worth having - cheap to buy and free upgrades for life and it just damn well works. Has midi out, can do pretty much everything you just said and about a million more.

gaspode

Numerology

Post by gaspode » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:27 pm

Try looking into numerology too... that may do what you are looking for.

Dexter

Post by Dexter » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:20 pm

Dont get me wrong .. I love Ableton big time .
I only have to find a solution for the midi part .
I think its gonna be a second Powerbook or maybe the smaller Ibook .
Does the ableton team give any reactions on the forum ?
Is it wise to buy a second Laptop or a small midiSeq ?
Or is there going to be some good news about future updates ?

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:29 pm

maybe try checking into the suggestions people have made. Bidule is free and has some sort of step seq., and numerology has one as well (so I've heard, I'm loving FL on a pc). I really doubt you would need to buy a whole other computer..

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:12 pm

Dexter wrote: Is it wise to buy a second Laptop or a small midiSeq ?
?
I would seriously consider getting a second laptop - but a PC, I find it invaluable having both as I have the best of both worlds - in fact I can treat one as sequencer and use the other as a synth or vice versa - both platforms do different things differently and if youre used to sequencing on the mac you can use the PC as a big mo-fo of a synth mod or vice versa - when I stick my powerbook next to my PC it's like the PC is this big stern functional adding machine that can crunch numbers, but the mac is more like a musical instrument or tool - the two together compliment each other beautifully

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:14 pm

Anonymous wrote:
?
I would seriously consider getting a second laptop - but a PC, I find it invaluable having both as I have the best of both worlds - in fact I can treat one as sequencer and use the other as a synth or vice versa - both platforms do different things differently and if youre used to sequencing on the mac you can use the PC as a big mo-fo of a synth mod or vice versa - when I stick my powerbook next to my PC it's like the PC is this big stern functional adding machine that can crunch numbers, but the mac is more like a musical instrument or tool - the two together compliment each other beautifully
and it would be worth it just for fruity-loops alone, you wouldn't need anything but fruity and live and maybe one or 2 synths like absynth or reaktor

Dexter

Post by Dexter » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:05 am

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
?
and it would be worth it just for fruity-loops alone, you wouldn't need anything but fruity and live and maybe one or 2 synths like absynth or reaktor
I use to have a Dell Windows LAptop eeeh ! hated it .. never ever will i use PC/windows again .... i think :wink:
I dont use softsynths .
If Ableton is not gonna ad simple midi or Vsti support .. its gonna be a Ibook because its small and fits in my gigbag .

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:36 pm

personally, i got live so i wouldn't have to lug around all my outboard synths and samplers. I record stuff from my hardware and other software into live before i do a performance and then manipulate them with live thru keyboard and controllers. I've found that i can be just as expressive with live alone as i used to be with all my outboard gear running off a sequencer.

Of course, everybody has their own way of working. However, if is just a sequencer for outboard gear that you need, reason is pretty solid when running with live. Why not run the two in tandem?? If you have 16 or less sequences you want to use, you could always put them on 16 different midi channels and then switch the input for the device. This would save you from having to go back and forth between the reason screen and the live screen. Just a thought.

-m

bitmap

Post by bitmap » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:24 am

USE BIDULE...
it's free and works well.