render clips directly

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
thegreatsoprendo

render clips directly

Post by thegreatsoprendo » Thu May 30, 2002 2:55 pm

It'd be cool to be able to select a clip in the scene view and render it. i use live with a band to bring together fragments of ideas and turn them into songs, so i'm always rendering clips to disk for other band members to tinker with on their samplers. at the moment, rendering only seems to work from the arrangement page, which can be quite time-consuming - am i missing something?

Gerhard

render clips directly

Post by Gerhard » Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:41 am

thegreatsoprendo wrote: It'd be cool to be able to select a clip in the scene view and render it. i use live with a band to bring together fragments of ideas and turn them into songs, so i'm always rendering clips to disk for other band members to tinker with on their samplers. at the moment, rendering only seems to work from the arrangement page, which can be quite time-consuming - am i missing something?

You can render from the Session View. Choose Render from the File menu, type in the length of the sample to be created and Live will render what you are currently hearing (wo you will want to mute the tracks that you don't want in the rendered sample).

Gerhard
ableton