Midi EventlistEditor please

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Voodoo99

Midi EventlistEditor please

Post by Voodoo99 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:28 pm

Hello all.

I think, it would be great to have a midi-eventlisteditor in Live. This editor is available in all other major sequencers. It's very useful to edit notes, controllers, bankselects, programchanges, sysex and so on in a numeric way.
The implementation should be easy for the abes :). Maybe a little button (near the foldbutton) to switch the midieditor from normal midiedit to listedit and back (of course). And, of course, some displayfilters ;)

A second little thing:
It should be possible to send mididata to the recorded channel. If a clip has midievents to more than 1 midichannel (can happen by importing a midifile format 0 or recording wiht a keyboardsplit), it should be possible to send the events to different (the original) channels. At the moment its not very logical, because i can record form all channels (see midiinputselect), but not send to all channels. The midiout-channelselector in the track should have something like "off" or "all" like the inputselector.
There should be a context-item like "split midiclip" too, to resolve such a clip to singelchannel tracks.

Voodoo

Voodoo99

Post by Voodoo99 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:25 pm

??????

Nobody needs a eventeditor for mididata? Strange 8O

Voodoo

Operations

I Do

Post by Operations » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:55 pm

I do.

I want a lot of enhancements. Most of them Midi-related (Sysex, Ghost Midi Shared Clips, More Shortcuts.....and more.)
I'll prepare a post with screenshots in a couple of days.

I'm a MidiMusician. :twisted:
Regards

Voodoo99

Re: I Do

Post by Voodoo99 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:11 pm

Operations wrote:I do.

I want a lot of enhancements. Most of them Midi-related (Sysex, Ghost Midi Shared Clips, More Shortcuts.....and more.)
I'll prepare a post with screenshots in a couple of days.

I'm a MidiMusician. :twisted:
Regards
Oh my god . Someone makes midimusic like me. I thought, i am from another planet. 8O
Screenshots would be fine. Thx.

Alien Leg

Post by Alien Leg » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:33 am

I'd like to work with a orchestral library and use the midi channel information to send notes to different instrument articulations or to switch between the 16 sounds I have assigned in Kontakt. This would be the best way to do it, but I have to create a single track for every sound! :-(

Quite astonishing this isn't possible in Live, feels like stone age.
Win XP Pro SP3, Live 7
Q9450@3.2Ghz, 4 GB RAM,
BCF2000, M-Audio Audiophile 2496, Mindprint TRIO

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:09 pm

Yep, an event editor for MIDI was one of the things I thought was weird that they did not include in Live 4, right when MIDI was added.