distortion module needed

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
astaplatz

distortion module needed

Post by astaplatz » Fri Jun 07, 2002 4:02 am

not sure if it is in here but we need a distortion or gritty sounding plugin - the current "vinyl disortion" doesn't add any power, it just creates a lot of high pitched artifacts. What I want is to be able to get grtitty bass sounds. Logic has several (for soem strange reason) distortion type effects.

Another thing is it sucks that we can't midi control the vsti plugins, and I've also found that the pull downs don't match (at, infact is completly random) the plugin parameters of the plugins in the 2d selection box. This should be fixed, cause when i select "resonance" I'm not expecting it to select "cut off" instead... again, this is in the vsti section when you try and control a 3rd party plugin.

monolake

distoriton / plug in manes

Post by monolake » Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:24 pm

distortion and other new plug ins will come.
regarding the parameter names in the pulldown :

we read out the data we get from the plug in. if the manufacturer of the plug labels all paramters "paramter 1, param..2" or does other wierd stuff there is not so much we can do...

rob.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:11 am

but still it'be cool to have some kind of grid, or scale when you look at the WAV-form in the arranger to work more precice on the automations.