VST favorites

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
a1studmuffin

VST favorites

Post by a1studmuffin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:20 am

One feature I'd love to see in Live is the ability to create a favorites list of your VSTs. I like being able to have hundreds of VSTs installed, but once they're in place you're at the mercy of the folder structure as to how they're organised.

It would be great if there was an additional column mode (on the left hand side) which was VST/Plugin Favorites. Then you could go into the plugins view, right-click a VST and choose "Add To Favorites". Then it would appear in the favorites view. Inside that view, you could treat the VSTs as symbolic links, so you could rename them, put them in subfolders etc.
Butter Party: Beatport | Soundcloud | Mixcloud

tricil

Post by tricil » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:22 am

you know you can move VSTs into custom folders, right?
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:32 pm

I would love this + right-clicking to create device instead of using the goddamn browser all the time.

a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:40 am

tricil wrote:you know you can move VSTs into custom folders, right?
You mean moving the actual VST DLL itself in your VST Plugins folder on your hard drive? Or symbolically within Live? If it's symbolic + you can rename them, that's great, but if you physically move the DLL on the hard drive, all your old projects using that DLL won't be able to find it any more.
Butter Party: Beatport | Soundcloud | Mixcloud