easy customizable automappings

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
marue

easy customizable automappings

Post by marue » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:49 am

since there are a lot of new instruments available for live 7, you should rethink about automapping. everybody has an own way of using controllers, and i want to use their full potential in my own way.
in live i have only 2 ways of using my controller: doing my own mapping every time i use an instrument in live or use the automapping which doesnt match my needs.
have a look at the propellerheads and how they handle automapping: a code file, which does the translation from the controller to reason, and a "mapping file" which can be easily handled by the user.
this would be my number one wish for productivity in live

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:42 am

sounds good. If you could also save different templates it would be great.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:40 am

This sounds suspiciously like the User Remote Scripts...

which sure could be improved, but it sounds like you don't use this yet??

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:42 am

to elaborate,

you can at least get 8 custom controls for a device, by containing it in a rack, picking parameters to assign to the macros, saving that as a preset, and then using the user script (or regular instant mapping) to control the macros

marue

Post by marue » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:36 pm

@ longjohns
you re absolutely right with the comment on User Remote Scripts. it doesn't just sound like it, it is them. but i can't find a way to change them or use them. they are not listed in the manual, nor is there any tutorial on the website, so they are pretty useless to someone, who doesn't have the time to work half a week on a user remote script. can you help out? that would be great - a simple tutorial on how to write a user remote script or a link.

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:31 pm

longjohns wrote:This sounds suspiciously like the User Remote Scripts...

which sure could be improved, but it sounds like you don't use this yet??
6.03 is the only version of Live I can use the user remote script to control the sends.

:cry:

marue

Post by marue » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:48 am

if you want to get an idea what i am talking about have a look at the user remote script-concept of reason. they unlinked the script and the controller assignment. for me as a user this is great, because all i have to do to write a user remote script is to write:

controller 1 - Filter Envelope Attack.

Pretty simple and effective. i'm not interested in learning how to script just to use a feature like that. and please, ableton team, do post a tutorial on how to work with remote scripts somewhere - otherwise the existing user remote scripts are not just complicated but useless.