multiple key&midi assignments

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
mr.ergonomics

multiple key&midi assignments

Post by mr.ergonomics » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:49 am

Hi,
I think it would be really great if you could map more then one key or midi command to a slot/control. At the moment I fell often limited because of this restriction.

For example:

I want to change 3 effects on/off with one button, but I also want the possibility to toggle them individually. Not possible at the moment. As rack macros doesn't allow multiple assignments too, they are no real workaround.

I want to change the value from a dry/wet control with the key (or midi note) "a" to 0%, with the key "s" to 50% and with "d" to 100%. Not possible at the moment.

What do you think? I'm sure there could be more improvements like a macro system etc. ... :wink:

mr.ergonomics

Post by mr.ergonomics » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:44 pm

hmm, no one? I have to say It's really limiting me. I could find many other examples.

mr.ergonomics

Post by mr.ergonomics » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:45 pm

I need this so bad... :?

annihilator.1

Post by annihilator.1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:04 pm

yeah +1 for similar reasons.

Moosh

Post by Moosh » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 pm

hey!!! i totally agree, i would love this feature and i just posted the same under a different thread...
MacBook Pro 2.14 GHz, Core 2 Duo, 4G RAM | Live 8 | Apogee Duet | Access Virus TI Polar | Access Virus TI Snow | Novation Remote Zero SL | Novation Nocturn | Novation Supernova | Atmosphere

http://www.loopscious.com

manwell

Post by manwell » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:13 pm

I really need features like this when I set up performance templates. There are a lot of improvements that could be made to the midi and key control systems.

I want to change 3 effects on/off with one button, but I also want the possibility to toggle them individually. Not possible at the moment. As rack macros doesn't allow multiple assignments too, they are no real workaround.

I want to change the value from a dry/wet control with the key (or midi note) "a" to 0%, with the key "s" to 50% and with "d" to 100%. Not possible at the moment.
These are essential, we need multiple states for controls that can be triggered with midi or keys. I would like to see fader and control curves with unlimited points to affect how a control behaves within its range. Also automatic fades between control states measured in miliseconds or beats, and quantisation for all triggered control changes.

I would really like to see Ableton include a system that allows miditranslation and midi to keyboard commands without any third party software, so we can create complex control setups. It should have a midi or key input, then a group of destination events that are output according to timing or quantisation. This would make live looping etc. much easier to achieve without resorting to midi loopback and dummy clips as much.