Please make a better Zoom-function

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Slade

Please make a better Zoom-function

Post by Slade » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:05 pm

Ableton Live is a perfect program and the new version 4 seem to be a lot better with vsti and midithings, BUT i hope the zoom-function is different because its really impossible to work with the current way of zooming by dragging the mouse up and down. if you happen to move the mouse a little to the left youre totally lost. there should be zoom + and - and you should be able to highlight an area and zoom that area like in most other music programs. i really cant understand why zooming should be this hard. there is also something else with highlighting in live: it doesnt react as fast as it should. it seems like other music programs are using a totally different way of handling the way the mouse works with the screen. it seems more like a website or something, not as easy as working in windows or whatever. if ableton would have a better zoom function (and an updated "mouse driver" i wouldnt need any other program again. and that sounds like a real good deal.

master

zoom + envelopes

Post by master » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:12 pm

i use the envelope function in cooledit/audition when i make my music. im very exact and the envelope function i cooledit/audition is better than in live but what really makes the whole difference is the way you zoom in live. its impossible to work with envelopes in live because it takes 10 times longer. why is it like this? i dont know.

please make zooming easier and it would also help if you didnt have to doubleclick each time you want to add a breakpoint. why not just a simple click? and then doubleclick for removing. the envelope/zoom in live seem way more complicated and takes a lot more time than it have to.

buttercup

better and easier zoom functions

Post by buttercup » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:00 am

I highly second the wish for better and easier zoom operation!

Without exaggeration I can say that the way Live handles zooming and navigation is the main - if not the only - reason that holds me back from seriously working in the Arrange view, hence the only reason why I still have to use another host as my main DAW.

Nothing can beat the way Logic handles zooming with having the magnifying glas always available by control-click&drag (Mac) over the area you want to zoom, and simple control-click in the background to zoom out again.

generic

Post by generic » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:38 pm

that is crazy talk! lives zoom is super quick and easy. i would'nt change a thing. way better than clicking a + or - button.

e
powerbook G4 667mhz 768mb of ram
mac os10.2.8
digidesign m-box
live4.0.1 reason2.5 protools6.1.2

rEalm

Post by rEalm » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:45 am

I'd like + or - as an option too though, the mouse thing can be fiddly when you're all sweaty playing in club. :)

geoffroy

Post by geoffroy » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:40 am

You have my vote, zooming is a pain in Live

bensuthers

Post by bensuthers » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:12 am

no vote over here, though. I find lives zoom paradigm insanely fast and accurate.

it just took some getting used to, that's all.

5dots

Post by 5dots » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:49 pm

agreed - i love live's current zoom. used to weird me out, now i'm awesome at it.

p8guitar

Re: better and easier zoom functions

Post by p8guitar » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:17 pm

buttercup wrote:...Nothing can beat the way Logic handles zooming with having the magnifying glas always available by control-click&drag (Mac) over the area you want to zoom, and simple control-click in the background to zoom out again.
I agree. there is no faster and better way, im my opinion.
Live 12.0.1; Push 2; Mac OS 12.7.4