Hello!

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Majnun

Hello!

Post by Majnun » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:48 am

Hi all. Won't get to install and much testing until this weekend. Just wanted to say hi.

And ask a few questions:

I have a registered version of Live 8, with library full of stuff, etc. I have a lot of projects and plugins I don't want to mess up accidentally. Is there anything I should be aware of while installing 8.1 beta and max for live?

I also have Max 5 installed. i've been learning max and starting to hack my APC with (not authorized just in demo mode, a week left until demo expirtes). Do I need to unistall Max 5 or anything?

Do I need to do anything special to use my Max pachtes in Max for Live?

Thanks! Looking forward to working with MfL and getting to know you guys!

Cheers

:)

Poster

Re: Hello!

Post by Poster » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:24 am

Majnun wrote:I have a registered version of Live 8, with library full of stuff, etc. I have a lot of projects and plugins I don't want to mess up accidentally. Is there anything I should be aware of while installing 8.1 beta and max for live?
the 8.1 beta installs a beta library so your 8.0.x library is safe..
though the beta library is pretty much empty right now.. you could copy presets from the 8.0.x to the beta lib..

Do I need to do anything special to use my Max pachtes in Max for Live?
don't quote me on this but I think that if you want to save a Max patch as a MFL patch you have to have Live open and Max invoked via Live..
I already copied Max patch' content and pasted them into MFL patches..

Majnun

Re: Hello!

Post by Majnun » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Excellent. Thanks!