[dds] when [jit.window] is used, popping does happen...

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
lewis g edwards

[dds] when [jit.window] is used, popping does happen...

Post by lewis g edwards » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:20 pm

hello all again,

i have been messing with the patch i said about in a previous post some hour or so ago.
the problem only happens every-now-and-again. but have come across a new problem, or hitch. which ever you want to call it really.

when running my patch, which is a sound reactive harmonograph. that alone does not take up much cpu usage. when i put it into live, it does not take up much either, unless it is a very big session, then it does start spiking the sound some what.
but the problem happens when i have the main [jit.window] showing the output of the sound reactive video. when that window is over the live window, it starts to pop the sound, and this test is done with just a drum loop, no effects, except for the max patch itself.

this is just pointer to that really. i assure it is just maybe my patching really, so will go through it again. but when i look on the cpu usage at the right hand corner, there is just a tiny rise when using it. but when the [jit.window] is hovered over the top of the live window, it starts to pop, but the cpu stays the same.

cheers...
lewis lepton
------
http://www.smokingbunny.net

Dennis DeSantis

Re: when [jit.window] is used, popping does happen...

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:19 am

Hi lewis g edwards,

Could you send the patch to mfl-beta@ableton.com?

Thanks,