live.slider changes appearance.

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
stefan-tiedje

live.slider changes appearance.

Post by stefan-tiedje » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:43 am

I have a Live.Slider which suddenly has diagonal stripes as soon I touch it. When saving the patch they go away.
It seems related to attributes I change with a message, but I want to get rid of it, its ugly.
If I change attributes programmatically there is no need to have the patch/object visually dirtied or dirtied at all...

Stefan
Les Ondes Mémorielles-----x---
--____-----------|----------|----
--(_|_ ----|\-----|-----()--------
-- _|_)----|-----()---------------
----------()----------TJ Shredder
http://tjshredder.wordpress.com/

emmanuel_2

Re: live.slider changes appearance.

Post by emmanuel_2 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:17 am

stefan-tiedje wrote:I have a Live.Slider which suddenly has diagonal stripes as soon I touch it. When saving the patch they go away.
It seems related to attributes I change with a message, but I want to get rid of it, its ugly.
If I change attributes programmatically there is no need to have the patch/object visually dirtied or dirtied at all...
The stripes are there to show you that you're changing the parameter, and changing the parameter's parameter is something that is going to affect the device. It also means that until you save, those changes won't be propagated to Live. Something to keep in mind is that although we don't constrain the messages passing to the objects, certain message will break your device, for instance you can't change the range of a parameter object dynamically, because Live needs to know its range in order to recall properly the automation/presets/assignment. Hope that it clarifies a little bit.
ej

stefan-tiedje

Re: live.slider changes appearance.

Post by stefan-tiedje » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:06 pm

Yes, I learned by doing in the mean time. Now I use a fixed slider and a scale to accomplish the same...

Stefan
Les Ondes Mémorielles-----x---
--____-----------|----------|----
--(_|_ ----|\-----|-----()--------
-- _|_)----|-----()---------------
----------()----------TJ Shredder
http://tjshredder.wordpress.com/