[c74] buffer shuffler

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
jsn

[c74] buffer shuffler

Post by jsn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:35 pm

I am noticing that when I "constrain" a set of notes with buffer shuffler and click randomize on "directions" the directional change is not being constrained to the notes I have selected to receive randomisation. It does however contrain randomisation on the steps themselves, as pointed out in the m4l lesson for b.s. Shouldn't it be possible to constrain 'directions' as well, so that only certain notes receive a change-of-direction command? Did I miss something in the lesson? Thank you! Regards, Jason ( Live 8.1b7, MAX 5.0.8 )

DarwinGrosse

Re: buffer shuffler

Post by DarwinGrosse » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Constraints don't currently limit the direction - that's why we split the randomization and dice functions separately for the directions and slicing grid. The idea of constraints for the direction is a really good idea; I'll put it on our wish list for now, and look into it for the future.

[ddg]

jsn

Post by jsn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:00 pm

OK Darwin. I understand. I agree that it would make a good implementation. I would say that one could map the direction buttons, but that is not possible either. I am also suprised that Freeze is not mappable, yet Dice is. Anyway, I do look forward to the developments of this, however I am quite happy with what I see here already. Bravo! Regards, Jason
Live Suite 9.5 (32-bit), MFL 6.1.3 (416a295), Win7HP

monohusche

Post by monohusche » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:41 pm

in terms of wish list, pls update the ref-doc for chucker~

thx, nick