Pluggo??? What's the deal??

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Nightrider

Pluggo??? What's the deal??

Post by Nightrider » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:32 pm

Hey I noticed that the Pluggo's appeared under 'Max Effects' when I installed the latest beta (as a Pluggo owner) will they remain when M4L is finally released? Does everyone get the Pluggo's??

Where is the LFO Pluggo??

Also experiencing alot of crashes with these, especially 'Speed Shifter' and 'Feedback Network' -- Have sent a bug report!

steff3

Re: Pluggo??? What's the deal??

Post by steff3 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:35 am

As I understand it, the pluggos will remain as they are part of the appetizers ...

In return Pluggo-Owners will get a discount (see Cycling M4L forum for a thread on that).

best

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Yes, the Pluggo content that you are getting in the beta will be part of the final release.

Best,

vanceg

Post by vanceg » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:56 pm

Interesting: I do NOT see and of the pluggo plugins available under Max Effects (or anywhere else, it appears). Has anyone else (not) seen this? This may be another manifestation of something that happened to me previously in which the default M4L devices were not installed. I'll try re-downloading and installing Live....
Latptop:
MacBook Pro 2.33, RME Fireface 400, iPad running TouchOSC, VG-99 processor, SoftStep foot pedal (2)

Desktop:
MacPro 3.15Ghz, 8GB RAM, Maudio Profire, Eventide H8000, Eventide Eclipse.

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:59 pm

Hi vanceg,

It seems that, in some cases, if you choose to not install the Max for Live Pack, you're never asked again if you'd like to install it.

I'd recommend creating a new Library from within the Library tab of Live's Preferences window. This should force a reinstallation of the Library, including all of the content.

Best,

vanceg

Post by vanceg » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:41 am

Dennis DeSantis wrote:Hi vanceg,

It seems that, in some cases, if you choose to not install the Max for Live Pack, you're never asked again if you'd like to install it.

I'd recommend creating a new Library from within the Library tab of Live's Preferences window. This should force a reinstallation of the Library, including all of the content.

Best,

Thanks Dennis - I have found that simply uninstalling and reinstalling M4L did the trick; the new M4L libraries were installed after the next time I launched Live. Ta da.
Latptop:
MacBook Pro 2.33, RME Fireface 400, iPad running TouchOSC, VG-99 processor, SoftStep foot pedal (2)

Desktop:
MacPro 3.15Ghz, 8GB RAM, Maudio Profire, Eventide H8000, Eventide Eclipse.