Mouse clicks and the Live API

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
smokey

Mouse clicks and the Live API

Post by smokey » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:33 pm

In C74's article "Max for Live: A Sneak Peak at the Live API features", the following is stated:

live.object

This object allows you to control the state of various values and trigger events in the Live Set. This is the real workhorse of the API objects, since it allows you to do things like making basic clip alterations, changing the values of different parameters, querying information, and significantly altering the behavior and state of a Live set. Most things you can do with a mouse click in the Live interface, you can do with live.object. This includes manipulating MIDI clips, changing clip colors, triggering events, and altering playback. This object also provides the interface for designing custom control surface mappings for Live.

I have gone through the tutorials and searched this forum, but I have not come across any more obvious details about how to use live.object instead of a mouse click.

What I would like to do is use M4L to move the pad selector (via MIDI CC) on the Drum Rack device. So far, I have been unsuccessful in my own patching attempts.

Is this even possible with M4L? If so, any suggestions on how to make it work?