Incessant crashing, general inconsistencies

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
djmd14

Incessant crashing, general inconsistencies

Post by djmd14 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:21 pm

1. Live crashes nearly every time I save a M4L patch. It waits until I press play in Live. The max patch saves fine so that I may be able to retrieve it, but...

2. Sometimes when I restart LIVE and try to open the live set that I had worked on, I get a microsoft visual c++ runtime error and it crashes LIVE again. Other times this error does not happen. When I restart LIVE and load up the same m4l patch on a track in a new set, it runs fine. The issue seems incredibly inconsistent...bottom line, it is nearly impossible to get a work flow happening because every time something needs to be saved, it crashes.

3. Having some other issues with the M4L.api.GetDevice and M4L.api.GetParameters abstractions as bpatchers not loading properly within the live set. When they are loaded in the Max editor in preview mode they seem to work properly, but within the live set they either don't list all the devices, or they list multiple instances of them. Very inconsistent. This happens when the abstractions are saved alone in a dedictated M4L patch! Sometimes the output id reads: "id id"

I am running Windows XP SP3
Intel P4 3.4 GHz
3 GB Ram
LIVE 8.1
Max 5.1

Any help is appreciated. Can't believe I actually have the balls to be working on a school project with this thing right now...hmm...probably not the best idea! I've got to get something rendered by next week.

Emissary

Re: Incessant crashing, general inconsistencies

Post by Emissary » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Not using max4live myself, but i was doing a search on the forum for this very error and this was the first post. I am also getting this runtime error when i try to load a set, sometimes it loads sometimes it doesnt . When it crashes i have to reboot the whole computer, which as you can imagine is highly annoying

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:06 am

@emissary I've had that problem once, clearing my prefs sorted it out, IIRC. Have either of you done that this time around?
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Spectrumdisco

Post by Spectrumdisco » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:50 am

I am having that problem too. Its a real shame as I get into the flow of what I am doing then add an additional patch and stop re-boot.

benbracken

Post by benbracken » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:59 am

Are you all using Max 5.1.3?

http://www.cycling74.com/downloads

-Ben

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:51 am

djmd14 wrote: 3. Having some other issues with the M4L.api.GetDevice and M4L.api.GetParameters abstractions as bpatchers not loading properly within the live set. When they are loaded in the Max editor in preview mode they seem to work properly, but within the live set they either don't list all the devices, or they list multiple instances of them. Very inconsistent. This happens when the abstractions are saved alone in a dedictated M4L patch! Sometimes the output id reads: "id id"
Some of these abstractions got updated. So if you copied them into a patch a few versions ago, you may want to update them. The "ID ID" thing has been fixed as far as I know.

Also beware that a lot of these abstractions use the [zl delace] object without an argument. So they only work with lists up to 256 items until you add an argument.