Buffer Shuffler + Beat Repeat Bug

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
DiGiTaLFX

Buffer Shuffler + Beat Repeat Bug

Post by DiGiTaLFX » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Hello

I have just discovered a _really_ weird bug. If you set up a loop on a channel, put a buffer shuffler onto the channel, and then put a beat repeat on the master channel, it doesn't always work as expected.

Enable Repeat on the beat repeat and then turn off the effect. Now on the buffer shuffler turn off some of the steps (e.g. so they've got an X on them at the bottom). Now, if you turn on the beat repeat when the buffer shuffler has something playing everything works as expected (e.g. the same thing is just repeated continuously). However if you turn on the beat repeat when the buffer shuffler is on an "off" step, the beat repeat doesn't come into effect until the beginning of the next bar and then if left on, updates the sample being repeated at the rate set on the beat repeat's Interval setting. This doesn't seem to happen if you put the beat repeat on the same channel as the buffer shuffler.

Hope that makes sense. I do have a project that shows this happening, but can't find a way to attach it to my post.

DiGiTaLFX