Authorized but no M4L-LivePack

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Dansmachine

Authorized but no M4L-LivePack

Post by Dansmachine » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:06 pm

First I had Max5 on my pc, latest version and already authorized. Then I installed Live8 (latest) and authorized it, the 'your licenses'-page shows that I have purchased Max for Live as well. After that Live8 starts and I authorize 'this computer' online. The instructions told me to download and install Max5, but it was the same version as already installed. To be sure I 'repaired' the installed Max5 and rebooted. Still Live8 tells me that I have either not authorized or incorrectly installed Max for Live. AFAIK I did everything as prompted, so now I'm confused.
In the Preferences/User Account Licenses it shows that M4L is authorized, but I don't get the prompt to install the Live pack.

What can I do to get M4L working and install the live-pack?

Dansmachine

Re: Authorized but no M4L-LivePack

Post by Dansmachine » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:17 pm

Oh no! I did the authorization again and now I got a pop-up that I'm back in demo-mode...
Strange though that there's no notification in the below-left corner. What's hapening here?
Btw M4L still isn't authorized, according to the 'Getting started with M4L'-lesson.

Dansmachine

Re: Authorized but no M4L-LivePack

Post by Dansmachine » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Today I got the solution:
In your Max 5 installation folder, there should be a folder called "support".

Inside that there is a folder called "LivePacks". Inside that there is a file called
"MaxForLiveContent.alp". Install this live pack and check if you can see the whole
M4L content now.
That worked, finally.

Kudos to Ableton Customerservice!