[Sharing] APC40 momentary solo buttons

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
two_masks

[Sharing] APC40 momentary solo buttons

Post by two_masks » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:42 pm

Thought I'd share a simple patch I came up with last night: this one makes your APC40's solo buttons momentary switches instead of toggles. I find this behavior more useful in a performance context than the default, particularly for dropping elements out of the mix rhythmically.

http://nonagon.net/m4l/APC40_Momentary_Solo.zip

To enable the device, just drop it on a MIDI track and select your APC40 from the drop down.

There are a couple of known issues:

1) Since the paths are initialized when you choose your control surface, the patch will only affect tracks that are in your set at that time. For example, if you only have four tracks when you first choose your APC40 from the dropdown, then add a fifth track, you'll need to re-select your control surface before momentary solo will take effect on the new track.

2) Only the first eight tracks in the set are affected.

3) For some reason this patch hits the CPU hard for a few moments when you first open it for editing. My best guess is that the Max for Live path calculations are pretty involved. Once things have been initialized, though, there should be effectively zero hit to your CPU.

Hope some of you find this helpful!

aminoplacid

Re: [Sharing] APC40 momentary solo buttons

Post by aminoplacid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:51 am

Brilliant!!! I know that there have been many of folks looking to do this with some difficulty. Thanks!!
Computer: MacBook Pro (2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM)
Peripherals: Allen & Heath ZED-10FX, Push 2, VoiceLive Touch 2, Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX2, Abstrakt Instruments Avalon