anyone done anything cool with jitter yet?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
mescalin

anyone done anything cool with jitter yet?

Post by mescalin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone has done anything interesting with jitter in Max 4 Live.

I wasn't bothered with it at first but then thought hey could this like do somthing cool like sync frames of a video to music?

Can you mabey run a movie on a different monitor to give visual feedback to the audience or do you need the full version of MaxMSP for that?

Ableton 8, NI Massive, Max 4 Live, other stuff

andrewbenson

Re: anyone done anything cool with jitter yet?

Post by andrewbenson » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:12 pm

http://cycling74.com/2010/01/07/a-video ... -for-live/

Check that article. There's a lot of other stuff that can be done (visualizers, midi-triggered effects, video sequencing) using Live as a host for video devices. One trick I've found to work well for audio visualization is to put the Jitter audio effect on a send channel, so you can decide which audio gets piped into it.

Best,
Andrew B.

mescalin

Post by mescalin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 pm

thanks for the link, yeah i was wondering what the limitation would be if i didn't own the full max msp jitter, not to bad it sounds.

Max for live is turning out to be mighty good value for me :) just so much to play with!

Ableton 8, NI Massive, Max 4 Live, other stuff

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:13 pm

what I have been using Jitter for the most is not video processing in the traditional sense - it's data munging. I feed input to it from controllers or from Live, and then use the jit.* objects to mess around with it.
this is one such instrumentation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90EV0ovMzj0
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:12 am

Nice work, Machinate. I am sure that I probably watched that video when you released it but I get much more out of it now.

Andrew Benson: Thank you very much for the link and the send suggestion. All of this will give me plenty to think about for when I have the opportunity to port my max/jitter-based video work over to m4l. Can't wait... could be months...