(noob) question

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
KlanG030

(noob) question

Post by KlanG030 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:45 am

hey...

i'm totaly new to all the max stuff. just got the software last friday. i'm working on my first patch. i want to control my moog little phatty out of ableton.

no problems with the knobs. now i want to add a button for the glide function. midi cc 65. 0-63 off, 64-127 on.

my way:

loadmess 65 (to link the knob to the cc)
prepend set (first load midi cc then change value)
pak (left inlet)

live.text (as a button for on/off)
number (to show the number 0 or 1)
if $i1 != 0 then set 64 else set 1
number (to show the changed number)
pak (right inlet)

pak out to midiformat control change

the problem is: when i press the text-button to "on" the number in the second numberbox changes to 64 but the little phatty
don't change the value of glide. when i change the value of the second numberbox with the mouse (without clicking on the button) the little phatty changes to glide on at 64.

maybe the problem is totaly obvious, but i cant find the answer. to much input to my little brain.

has anyone a tip for me. dont tell me the answer. maybe a tip. so that i can work on. i have to learn it!

thank!

best
robert

j250x

Re: (noob) question

Post by j250x » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:50 pm

When you prepend 'set' to the message 65, you turn it into a list. pak can't deal with lists in the input. However in this case adding set to the message is not required. Try removing the prepend object.

KlanG030

Post by KlanG030 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:51 am

ha. thanks. at the end it works when i delete the set in the "if-object".

thanks.

moe

Post by moe » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:55 am

hey mate, don´t wanna waste your efforts but the first thing I did was map out the phatty. CC´s that weren´t in the manual I got through monitoring the standalone editor by soundtower or whatever these guys are called. You can find it here
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=190
Mac Pro 5.1
UAD Apollo16
Push 1
Push 2

KlanG030

Post by KlanG030 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:09 am

moe wrote:hey mate, don´t wanna waste your efforts but the first thing I did was map out the phatty. CC´s that weren´t in the manual I got through monitoring the standalone editor by soundtower or whatever these guys are called. You can find it here
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=190
ah okay... i will check your editor as soon as i'm off work. i will check how you patched everything. so i can see how its done right and can learn from my mistakes.

jap. i like your design. how did you creat the dark/grey background? i need so much time to get really into it. need more than 24h.

thanks.