Feature Requests?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
sacredgeometry

Feature Requests?

Post by sacredgeometry » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:11 pm

Why isnt there a main thread for this? Im sorry but there is so much more that max4live could be doing that it isnt. As well as building instruments it could be used to build new gui parts that are track independent. This is what i thought would be possible when it was announced. the thought of building a HUD for my apc or using it for really complex track and midi routing was inspiring. But now i feel limited by the fact its basically sitting in the insert channel of each track twiddling its thumbs.

Please give us a place to send you our ideas.

(Anyone that cares to argue the points i've made are very welcome if it leads to me being proven wrong i will be very happy indeed.)

Peace

Brian
Peace + Hugs

Brian

pukunui

Re: Feature Requests?

Post by pukunui » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:39 pm

You can open a subpatcher window for viewing from an MFL device.Have a look at the thispatcher object. Subpatcher windows can be set to be floating, which will position them frontmost.

Cheers

Andrew

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:21 pm

pukunui wrote:You can open a subpatcher window for viewing from an MFL device.Have a look at the thispatcher object. Subpatcher windows can be set to be floating, which will position them frontmost.

Cheers

Andrew

thank you for that it is useful, where does this now appear in the signal path? do you know if its possible to route audio form specific tracks into your object without channelling them through a single stereo input....like having a patch bay for effects in a studio.

edit.

I think i will go back to my original ideas of using midi to control these things as i was only routing audio because of the lives stunted midi communication which is rectified with M4L .... ill go and have a think about my live set/setup. p.s. if you still know the answer to the question it would be appreciated.

Peace

Brian
Peace + Hugs

Brian

pukunui

Post by pukunui » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:40 pm

An open subpatcher window is a view of a subpatcher which is contained in a device.There's nothing special about audio routing associated with opening subpatcher windows.

-A

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:53 pm

pukunui wrote:An open subpatcher window is a view of a subpatcher which is contained in a device.There's nothing special about audio routing associated with opening subpatcher windows.

-A
ok well at least that solves the HUD problem but not the audio routing problem it would be nice if we could reference the audio routing at any point in Live, say between instruments or after it gets sent to a return channel or even simply grab audio form multiple tracks in tact ...it would be nice to be able to input and out put from multiple tracks inside live.

thanks for the help, i still would like to know if there is any chance of a request page for M4L.

Peace

Brian
Peace + Hugs

Brian